A Conversation for Tongue Twisters

What a biased viewpoint!

Post 1

Kwekubo

You want to watch what you are saying about Esperanto there. I get the feeling that you have never heard one word of Esperanto - it sounds a lot like Italian or Spanish, and has a beautiful sound, IMHO.

As for complex... don't make me laugh. Esperanto was purposely designed to be as simple and easy to pick up as possible. According to surveys taken of students of English in China and Japan, Esperanto is eight to ten times easier to learn than English.

Please, anyone who has an open mind, don't let this sort of view misguide you. Check www.esperanto.net and spend a few minutes browsing a course.

What a biased viewpoint!

Post 2

Kamikaze

I myself never heard esperanto, but also have heard that it's a very easy and pratical language

What a biased viewpoint!

Post 3

Evil_Duncan

But what's the point when so few people speak it and so many speak English?

What a biased viewpoint!

Post 4

vacuumdiagram

could be rephrades as 'whats the point in macs when everyone uses windows?' eh? eh?

What a biased viewpoint!

Post 5

Evil_Duncan

I couldn't have put it better myself. smiley - winkeye

What a biased viewpoint!

Post 6

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

The point isn't the issue here. The article doesn't say that Esperanto is pointless, it says that it's ugly.

Both points are debatable, but let's do one at a time, eh?

TRiG.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more