This is the Message Centre for Epic

:-)

Post 1

msmonsy

sorry to be a bother but i caught your name on the who's on h2g2 link and just had to say hello as i just loved the name smiley - winkeye
quite an imagination you have there smiley - smiley
monsy smiley - fish

Post 2

Epic

Thankyou monsy! smiley - winkeye And thankyou for dropping by my humble abode. We don't often get visitors out here - well, never in fact! You're my very first, for which you deserve my grateful thanks and a very special gift. smiley - smiley

Can I perhaps make you the proud possessor of a link from my homepage to yours? I'm sorry it's a bit bare at the momemt. I hope to get a few bits and pieces to brighten the place up very soon.

Drop by any time!

Post 3

msmonsy

oh my!! *blush* i would be honored smiley - smiley
that would be great smiley - smiley
btw....why don't you pop over to my page and join in on some of the odd happenings over there......i must tell you though that the hottub seems to of been transported to another page but not to fear you can reach it by going to its old resting place via the link that was left as a guide smiley - smiley
monsy smiley - fish

Post 4

Epic

Just been nosing around your home while you were out. Very busy, I see! Visited a couple of your links, then got a sudden attack of agoraphobia, and rushed back here, where I can be certain of being alone! smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Peregrin

Hi there Guy who wanted to play Prince Charming but landed the role of Buttons instead.
That's a bit long. Can I call you GWWTPPCBLTROBI?

I don't know why I'm here really.

Does anybody know? I think it's something about God. Or is it '42'. Can't remember.

I like the name, by the way. Does it relate to an event in your real life? If so, I offer my consolations.

Post 6

Epic

Well, I guess you could shorten it further to Robi - but I'd be just as happy with T.I.

When you are born, you are given a name which in it's way, shapes your life (for instance, if you happen to be a boy named Sue). On reflection, as a 'mature' person, I thought I should choose a name which had been shaped by my life. I hope that answers your question!

I don't know why I am here. I don't know why you are here. I don't know why days of the week tend to end with why.

It's a mystery. But, it's good to talk.

(I don't know why it's good to talk...) :-?

Post 7

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Hi Guy who wanted.........role of Buttons instead smiley - smiley

Something tells me you are going to have a lot of visitors because of your name - and I'm sure several of them will be from the ACE team. Please feel free to ask us anything you want about h2g2, even if you aren't REALLY new. We don't discriminate!

-TVF

Post 8

msmonsy

and as for visiting my page then running back to your where you could be sure to be alone......me thinks you may find it getting a bit crowded in here smiley - winkeye
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! the terror know as ACE has struck forever changing your little home smiley - winkeye
monsy smiley - fish

Post 9

Epic

Hello TVF. I noticed all these peoples with *new today after their names, and all these ACEs visiting them, and here's me after six weeks without a single visitor, until the lovely monsy dropped by yesterday. Thought I might try dropping a teeny hint...

Hi monsy! It will wait to be seen whether my home is changed by...

whatever it was! smiley - bigeyes

Any decorating tips anyone?

T.I.

Post 10

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Get a tapdancer to perform over some tubes of paint

SPLIDGE

SPLASH

Post 11

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Sounds messy!

A good way to get others to notice you is to engage in conversations with others - poking around in existing forums is one way, but sometimes it works even better to visit another researcher and just leave a new message on their page. You might also try reading a few articles by other researchers and posting some positive comments (if they deserve them, of course smiley - smiley).

Post 12

Epic

Surely that would then make them a 'paint dancer'? Or if female, a painted lady...

But I was thinking more in terms of adding some interest to my home-page.

T.I

Post 13

Peregrin

Decorating advice: Look at Bruce's GuideML Clinic at http://www.h2g2.com/A187229 for tips. Also, look around people's pages; if they have something nice that you envy, ask them and if they're nice they'll tell you how it's done. Most people here are nice...

Loneliness advice smiley - winkeye: just continue posting in forums and getting to know people. People are especially partial to postings on their own user pages. If you take the time to write something to them, they will usually return the complement. Getting yourself known in H2G2 can be a little slow to start with, but things will pick up... until you find every time you log in, you've got more replies to your forum posting than you have time to read...

Post 14

Aahhhh... well you are going to need some pictures.. and links..

Post 15

Epic

Hmmm, not too sure I like the sound of that last bit! smiley - winkeye Especially as I'm away a fair bit. Browsed through a few forums and guide entires, but not really been inspired yet.

Perhaps I'll write a few verses...what interests people most round here?

Post 16

The works of douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, and staring at computer screens for as much time as humanly possible. I think that just about wraps it up for most people on h2g2

Post 17

shazzPRME

Not to mention visiting as many parties as possible....just for the fun of it! Look around and choose a venuesmiley - smiley
shazzPRsmiley - winkeye

Post 18

Epic

Hello - another vistor. Welcome. Where's the party?

Perhaps I'll throw one of my own soon, though not today, as I've got to go soon. But you'll all be invited. Bring a bottle, or some tasty snacks that are almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Twiglets. smiley - winkeye

Post 19

great, I hate twiglets!!!! smiley - winkeye

Heya Shazz, ain't seen you around for ages!!

Post 20

shazzPRME

Hi ET smiley - smiley I have been here all the time!! Just busy I guess LOL
Come visit soon ok!
shazzPRsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post