A Conversation for What to Do if you See a Famous Person in London, UK

Well it all depends on who it is and how you feel.

Post 1

Vidire

You see, it is human instinct to react in situations, depending on the feelings of that person involved, towards the person see. This reaction can very from good to very goo, but also bad to extremely bad and even humiliating behaviour may follow.
This again, all depends on the persons feelings towards the person they see. This happens with all people, with whoever they see. It even occours when you pass anyone in the street. However, usually you don't have a recognised reaction because your feeling are nutral towards that person becuase you have never had any contact with that person. Contact with a person can be anything to seeing them on T.V to news paper reports, to people you have met and conversed with.
Now, your predicted reaction, from the theroy above, would depend on what your feeling would to, say the celebritty you pass walking across the road. If your feelings are positive, then your reaction will be positive. Arms may be thrown out in a worshipping manor, the need to actually say something to that person may also come across your mind. If you do want to say something, remember that they are only human, also don't say something stupid because you will just feel terrible thinking about it afterwards.

I can't be bothered to write the rest of this rubbish, but it all continues along the same lines.

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

In the busy parts of London, the celebrity will almost certainly be able to disappear into the crowds as soon as you recognize them. as what happened when I saw James Dreyfus in Trafalger Square.

Anywhere quieter and they'll still be able to vanish. Dustin Hoffman rollerbladed straight past me in Hyde Park, and I walked straight past Bill Oddie as he came out of a shop in a not-so-busy street.

Post 3

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Does it have to be London?
I've see a few pop groups at a firework display put on by the local radio station. One of the groups got to number 2 with their song, one I had only heard of from a magazine and have not heard of since, and the other two are set to be some of the most happening bands of 2000. We all went mad at the end as our favourite group were on stage, not performing, but offering crisps to each other. When they realised that we were screaming at them, the exited from the stage. However, not a minuite later one of them kept on walking across the stage, making it obvious he was teasing us. After that another member of the same group stood at the back of the stage waving at us. We all went mad (all 6 of us who realised he was even there, out of about 20,000 people). Because we were screaming at him, he went on to do imitations of us. One of my friends shouted that he should have offered us some of his crisps, well, we were hungry too! I so wished I had my camera in the end, that could have been an exclusive photo opportunity!

Post 4

Mike A (snowblind)

You know I'd totally forgotten I'd ever posted here!

Post 5

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Well, I'll forgive you on the bases that no one else posted here.

Hey everyone! I'm 14 today! Guess what! Jeni X (if you are reading this), ha ha!!! You didn't tell anyone it was my birthday!! I guess that threat that I would put my hand over your mouth which had saliva germs on it scared you off! BTW: I still have Pose's date stamp on my face! And I think I may have had one or two weired looks when I was in Tesco. It was quite funny as I was buying party poppers and this woman asked me how old I was. It must have looked so bad as I replied "uh, 14". It looked so fake!!! I was then told I had to wait until my parents came as I had to be 16 to buy them!!!! I thought that was pretty funny.

Post 6

Mike A (snowblind)

Happy birthday!
Yeh I'm 14 too. Fourteen and 3 months.
I've had experiences like yours. Me and my friend had to do a bit of sweet-talk to get into Blair Witch Project. But buying a U2 video (rated 15) for my friend was no problem.

Post 7

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

You've seen the Balir Witch Project??!!! Lucky!!!!
Ally S. and me have got this thing that we can sneek in without lying as we are in our 15th year so we can get away with it. Thing is as of yet my mum thinks that 15's are obviously unsuitable for me and therefore I shouldn't see it. Ally S. and me rented out the Matrix, and is that a cool film or what? It has gone straight in as my fave film, followed by The Faculty which is also quite cool. I saw eXistenZ the other night, but I have to say I was not impressed.

Post 8

Mike A (snowblind)

A lot of people moan that Blair Witch isn't actually a movie, it's a cash-in sell-out, it plain sucks etc, but I think it's sooo damn great! I got a little unnerved (not scared, but slightly not-quite-normal-braveness) watching it and this was during the afternoon in a cinema! What would it be like watching at night in a dark room on my own?!?
I wanted to rent the Matrix last week, but all the copies had been snappen up. Fugger. So I rented The Secret Of NIMH and Basil The Great Mouse Detective instead.
Oh, did I just mention SoN again? Dear me!

Post 9

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

As soon as you can, rent out the Matrix. It's the best! The only part I don't like is the subliminal adverts for mobile phones in it.
BTW: I had a really nice party which finished about 4 hours ago. Erm, wanna come? http://www.h2g2.com/A252000

Post 10

Mike A (snowblind)

As you may or may not have seen, I've just turned up.
The party's not over yet!

What's these subliminal adverts?

Post 11

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

What subliminal adverts?
BTW: do you realise that no-one else has posted here apart from us? It's like the neglected forum....

Post 12

Mike A (snowblind)

The subliminal ads for mobile phones in The Matrix. I never noticed any, but you said you did.

This is something I don't like about approved entries. They get in the spotlight for a few days and then all of a sudden nobody wants to speak in them any more.
It nearly happened with us here!

Post 13

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

OHHH!! Those subliminal ads. It's just that when he's at the top of that building and he drops the phone, the camera homes in on the phone, letting you get a good look of what mode it is, then it drops. Later, when they drop a phone in the dustbin, they focus in on the phone then as well! It's just so obviously advertizing! You just don't think of it because it's a movie and you're enjoying yourself (supposedly).
I didn't know this was an approved entry. I never take much notice of these things, even though the two guide entries I've written have been submitted and I've been waiting AGES for the ESG to get an approval. I only submitted the party one today, even though it was writtedn 4 weeks ago.
Yeah, I forgot about this until I realised a whole load of my forum posts had been replied to that a few had slipped off being the most recent, and I noticed this one, so I came back!

Post 14

Mike A (snowblind)

Well, I never noticed that! Bit crap advertising, isn't it?

I've read the submission guidlines. Despite what they say in the Rejection Slips thing in the Post, they are very vague. I thought my Jonathan Brisby entry had a chance to be approved, but it didn't. And on reflection, what the hell was I thinking submitting it?

Sorry to say, but I don't think yours have much chance either. The editors approve factual articles, and things like, say, my Children Of The Damned club. Sorry.

Post 15

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

But that's crap! I mean, we've got to have fun, and that's not always fact!

At last, well, it wasn't intended, but by accident I've got a new e-mail address. I couldn't do a link on my homepage to it, but it's there in the introduction. If you want to e-mail me that is.

Post 16

Mike A (snowblind)

That's what I think! The Approvend Entries read like they've been written by one person! There's no place for the radical extremism that I come out with smiley - sadface.

Ok, remember that they want a guide to life on Earth for the approved stuff.
However, when my History Of Eric Clapton entry got rejected, I submitted a Sex Pistols lyric article out of spite. Maybe two, I can't remember. After that goof up, I haven't really foprgiven the subbies, so don't unsubmit your things yet!

And yes, I think I will email you at some point!

Post 17

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Yeah, I got your e-mail, and I e-mailed you back to say e-mail my other address, as I'm only checking the one on my homepage once a week, whereas the other one I check whenever I'm on-line. It's a fishy one.
I'm not sure how long I've waited for my articles to be approved, but in my opinion, they should both be, since Loony's Shoot to Thrill article got approved (I think). Jeni X is so dead in there, and she hasn't been there to check. Bluebottle and me are having fun making fun of her!
Just going back to the actual subject this forum is but I'm going to see Steps live in concert at Wembly Arena in May in the same week of my exams. At least that takes some of the pressure off!

Post 18

Mike A (snowblind)

Generally you can expect to wait about 14 weeks for approval.

My Watership Down articles got approved smiley - bigeyes. All merged into one!

I hope to see Iron Maiden at Earl's Courst in London in June. If I can be bothered to buy tickets.
I saw Mike And The Mechanics last May. They were great!

Post 19

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

14 WEEKS? YOU'RE KIDDING!!!!!!

Well done for the approved article. smiley - bigeyes

I would go to a lot of concerts if I could afford it and had someone to go with. It's a miracle that I'm going to see this Steps one. I know someone who's hoping to go to Party in the Park this year. I wonder if I can be cheeky and ask him if I can go with?!!! smiley - winkeye

Post 20

Mike A (snowblind)

Go on, I dare you!

Iron Maiden have been being a bit cheeky. No UK gigs last year, and just the one this year. They say it's because they're sick of beong treated like antiques over here, but they still have a horde of layal fans, not all of whom can make it to London.
Oh well smiley - sadface

Heh, I should be a sub-editor soon. What would I do if I encountered your articles?...smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post