This is the Message Centre for JamesB

October, Christchurch

Post 1

JamesB

Well, it's a week into October. Spring came and said hello to us a month ago with a couple of weeks of fine weather. I put away the extra duvet, and found all those T-shirts I had buried at the bottom of the cupboard last April. No such luck. It has been absolutely miserable for the past few days. Cold and wet, and even snowing up in the hills. Meanwhile town has been quite busy, with the world netball champs being held here, and all the Antarctic people passing through on their way down to the ice. The ski season is grumbling on, with a metre base still at Mount Hutt. I'll hope to get up there in a few weeks time for one last time for the season. In the rugby, Canterbury are still in with a chance of making the semi finals of the NPC, but we have to beat North Harbour on the weekend. The All Blacks are preparing to beat England, and the rest of the world must be cheering for the Men In Black in that game!

October, Christchurch

Post 2

vita brevis

So convince me, why should I move to Christchurch?

October, Christchurch

Post 3

Spanner

because it's not auckland smiley - winkeye

October, Christchurch

Post 4

Dimitri Poophoopen

Although the much heralded south island spring began with a flourish, it has now petered out into a damp squib. Much as the All Blacks world cup campaign will do when they meet England again (in the final). Canterbury also appear to have expired for the season.
What sort of word is grrl

October, Christchurch

Post 5

Spanner

a mighty fine word, thank you smiley - tongueout besides girl was taken. and its the whole feminism thing too.

anyway the spring showers in auckland just broke in the last few days and now it'll be all squidgy and damp for labour weekend smiley - sadface

and the canterbury rugby team has certainly expired, although to be fair it is missing rather a lot of all blacks - i would like to point out that i am not an arrogant aucklander at this stage, but in fact an arrogant shore grrl

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for JamesB

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more