A Conversation for One Note Song (UG)

YEILD signs everywhere

Post 1

dustyhiker46

Between when we revved up the ol' automobile, listened to its rythem and ate some opium on a train I found myself lost and tossed about in the many highways and biways of your thoughts. I suddenly realize the dimension of this piece was in its grandiose sense of self esteem giving directions to other travelers and a means of finding oneself out of the mass transient confusion of sounds, sights and engimas relating to a mental calmness as opposed to road rage retaliation. In an underlying sort of way I think you were saying, in every circumstance one must seek its center, follow the middle path, stay on track and never, ever ask for directions. Oh, yeah...and avoid touching or coming in close contact with other travelers until you find out more about their family, driving skills, musical appreciations and whether or not they would turn you in for eating opium. smiley - ermsmiley - laughsmiley - sadfacesmiley - wahsmiley - blush

Now where was I? Thanks for asking and have a good time. DH

YEILD signs everywhere

Post 2

dancingbuddha

glad you enjoyed it - you did, didn't you smiley - huh

yours is an interesting interpretation, but i think all i was saying was that i prefer roads to flying smiley - smiley, because i can never travel only for the destination.

the bit about contact with others was based on meeting some people during a real journey to portland this spring...

~ db, who wants to avoid being mistaken for a wise man

YEILD signs everywhere

Post 3

dustyhiker46

Oh, db, you are so right on. To me it is not so much the destination but the experience of getting from here to there. I once traveled from New York across the states via A brand spanking new 1980 Ford pick-up truck, camping and the occasional motel stop to shower, the entire 10,000 mile adventure. No particular destination what so ever and each mile, each moment, sunrise and sunset was a joy. Unfortunately, there are those who get from here to there and miss all that is in between. Sort of how some live their lives. Blindfolders and earplugs. I even enjoy the short trip to the grocer. I just hope one day I won't forget where I was going and where I was coming from. Then again, maybe not.

Thanks for your reply and have a great day. DH46

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for One Note Song (UG)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more