This is the Message Centre for Phil

Sidling

Post 1

NuclearConfusion -Not a lot of money in the revenge business

Hey. You ever hear of a game called Brockian Ultracricket? Great game.

POW!

Except that right now you are losing. If you haven't heard, it is basically boxing's answer to the chain letter. The official rules involve sidling up to someone at random and hitting them for no apparent reason, and then running away. Fast if they are big. So now that the ball is in your court, (with the obvious exception of both a court and a ball,) your only hope of breaking even is to carry on the game against someone else, usually someone you don't know (The better to get to know them with). And remember to run. And pass on the rules just in case they don't know them (Cut and paste-like). Anything else? No? Well, I'm off! Zoooom!

"It's not murder if you believe in reincarnation!" (Random Quote Guild)

Sidling

Post 2

Phil

Hello NuclearConfusion smiley - smiley
A nice opening gambit you've got there but I'm not sure that walking up to random strangers and hitting them is really the right way to go about winning friends and influencing people. I mean it's just not cricket now is it dear chap, have some warm smiley - ale and a sit down.
I see from your page that you're in the military - US Navy at a guess if you're on a sub base smiley - winkeye Enjoy life there?

Sidling

Post 3

...take it you've never read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... It talks about Brockian Ultracricket. You gotta give it a chance man! get the game rolling! Just try it.
And yes, in the Navy ^@#*&% now I'm singing the song! Grr. I enjoy it most of the time. Then again, I am getting out... Had some good times, met some good people. You? Obviously a limey, but I'd still like to , well, whatever. Talk to you soon. Err, talk in the sense of write and read. Whatever.

"Just because he's got a library card, that doesn't make him F***ing Yoda!" (Random Quote Guild)

Sidling

Post 4

Phil

I have read HHGTTG, several times. And seen the TV series, and heard the radio series and so yes I do know what Brokian Ultracricket is smiley - nahnah
I is what you might call a Limey - incedently so called because the Royal Navy used limes to help with the prevention and treatment of scurvy on long voyages.
When are you getting out and have you got plans for life on the outside (makes it sound more like prison!). Me I'm a computer technician. I'm about to start work, after 18 months unemployed, at a local university. Just waiting for the paperwork to be completed (I was given the initial job offer at the interview a couple of days ago). I'm quite looking forward to it smiley - smiley

Sidling

Post 5

Know Ultracricket, you say? Well, pass it on .
In the process of getting out now, don't know what I am going to do. Probably get some sleep.

Congrats on the job. Took c++ in high school, that was fun. You write, or solder? Or, what?

L8r

"Just because I hold in me the joy of killing your wife and kid, that doesn't mean we can't be friends." (Random Quote Guild)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Phil

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more