This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

Is it me you is it you?

Post 1

Hagi, Muse of Free Kicks and the Naming of Non-Human Objects

I have a inclinction to go and put on a pair of laderhosen. Is it your muse-ship winning out or just my Germanic side coming out?

Is it me you is it you?

Post 2

I'm not really here

Hey, can I talk to you? You don't seem to be here, so that suits me. I didn't want to talk to myself, but I don't really want a reply.

There are a fair few messages in my message centre that I've never answered, I must have been very neglectful back then. Or maybe just distracted. Your message seems to have been double posted, you didn't reply to my reply on the other thread, and you haven't been around for years, so you seem a safe bet.

I just want to mumble really. Not really say anything. I like being in this space, although I'm never going to get much use out of it. I post here sometimes to prevent myself 'spring cleaning' it. You know, if you haven't used it for a year, throw it out. Although keeping it going means that I can tell that I'm not commiting to the life I'm leading now, and I'm waiting patiently for it to end, I'm okay with that. I'm used to being noncommital. Is that the right word?

Nothing is for ever, and most changes are for the better. I wouldn't change a thing about my past, but there are things that I'm waiting for in the future. I don't want to change those either. Even if I have to wait for 40 years, that's how long I'll wait. If, at the end of those 40 years I don't want what I once waited for, patiently, but eagerly, then I'll know that at least I have memories. They can't be recreated, or relived, but they can be remembered warmly. And coldy - I remember this time of night. The heating has gone off because I expected that I'd be asleep in bed by now, my fingers are cold, and I'm not really doing anything here. I'm just counting time, keeping my mind open, and wondering what paths the future will take and what the changes in my life will change in me.

Is it me you is it you?

Post 3

I'm not really here

Looks like 40 years was actually 8 months! smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more