A Conversation for Deep Thought: Are We There Yet?

Speaking of the groundhog.

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I read somewhere that PETA would like to send the groundhog into retirement. They propose using a coin instead. You could flip the coin and decide, based on the results, whether the winter will end right away, or go on for six more weeks.

I have some hot cocoa mix. If I were trying to make a chocolate cake, and there wasn't any chocolate cake mix in the store, I could add the hot cocoa mix to a white cake mix. Just sayin'.

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I would advise against doing this if the white cake mix is gluten free - because white gluten free cake mixes tend to be awful. (The yellow certainly was.)

I have ordered another King Arthur chocolate cake mix online. smiley - laugh

And I don't know what PETA's beef is. Punxsutawney Phil and his wife live in luxury in the children's section of the Punxsy public library the rest of the year. They are happy groundhogs in a state which allows groundhog hunting every day except Sundays.

Now if they want to stop all those wannabes in other states, they're welcome to do it. I don't know what's going on there.

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I vote for the Murmeltiere.

Did Phill see his shadow today? (maybe it is still dark as I write this so please wait for the right time)

About the fashion. Maybe the (usually pacifist) artistry is trying to offset the insanity of other parts of humanity.

Instead of opting out from humanity, can't we just vote differently and get better politicians? This only works if you get decent people to vote on, so forget I mentioned that. History shows that people aspiring higher offices generally aren't the most suitable people for those jobs.

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - ok You're right. I think it was Douglas Adams who said something about how nobody who aspires to be president should on any account get to do it.

Many years ago, there was someone who said, when they wanted him to run for president, 'If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.' That was probably someone who would have been good at the job.

I have looked it up - it was William Tecumseh Sherman. I take it back. The general knew his limits. (I shudder to think about foreign policy.)

Phil had good news this morning at Gobblers' Knob!

http://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1753406062810603978

This is a good thing. We're already tired of the weather around here. A couple of days ago, I was in Brookville getting my hearing aids cleaned. The receptionist said she used to live in Punxsutawney, which we agreed was a lovely town on any day except February Second. She said it's best to stay out of town on Groundhog Day. smiley - badger

I note that Phil looked pretty pleased with himself during the announcement. Especially for a large rodent being held by a man wearing a top hat.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Deep Thought: Are We There Yet?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more