A Conversation for Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-6

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Fast forwarding through all the wondering if our dates were our dates after all, and the discussions of just how picky an eater is Notepad, anyway (for lunch restaurant suggestions)...

We left very early on the morning of the 12th. Not quite as early as I have to for w*rk, but not too much later than the girls' school bus picks them up (in fact, I told them to just pretend they were getting up for school). Not really much to say about the drive--it was really long, and the weather was gorgeous, but we were going via interstate, so just lots of trees. I was in the backseat reading, anyway, so not very scenery-conscious (T's legs are longer than mine, and Tom was driving, as he gets carsick if he's a passenger for very long).

We met with Batty for a late lunch around 2, and most of us had pho--for the first time for everyone except Batty. I will definitely be seeing if there is anywhere decently near to have it again, though I do live in the middle of a closer-to-nowhere place now than before we moved (though it's a shorter trip to get out of nowhere from here than there).

More driving after lunch, and we arrived at our temporary residence well after dark. After figuring out who got which bedroom, Tom, PaperKid and I headed out to find a grocery store. We bought stuff for breakfast the next morning, sandwich making supplies (for we'd already decided that the next day would be our main beach day, and we'd had plenty of room in the trunk to bring one of our coolers), and something for a light dinner, as the pho had been really filling, but had started to wear off after 4/5 hours...

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-6

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Glad you were able to sit in the back and read without getting car sick - reading in the car upsets my stomach surprisingly quickly, although I’m ok in the back seat as long as I watch the scenery moving.

It is usually not a problem, but sometimes people will ask me to send a text message to someone to say we will be arriving soon, and I can’t manage that smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more