A Conversation for Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-3

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I said, 2 days ago, that this year, there was no major trip, so I couldn't just work on a travelogue all month, which is true. However, we did take a trip just last month, during Fall Break. (I had never heard of such a thing before moving here--I figured it's maybe a holdover from when children were needed to help harvest? However, I've also seen references this year to Fall Break from less rural areas, so smiley - shrug What the other areas do have in common with this one is that the school years start ridiculously early, so maybe the stretch to Thanksgiving is just too long without a break? Except for the one year I went to a year-round school (from November to May--all the extra-long breaks, none of this missing summer vacation nonsense, since we moved--and I was still ahead of my classmates that final month in the 3rd grade at the new school), school in my childhood, spanning 7 schools in 4 school districts in 2 states (I'm not counting the year-round school in any category, nor the private school in the school districts), school always started the day after Labor Day (first Monday in September), while school here starts the first week of August.) So I will have a short travelogue, that I won't even try to stretch out to cover the whole month--with the bonus that it was much more recent than this summer, so it'll be easier to remember! Not going to start it today, though, since the parenthetical thing about school years kind of drove what I was actually going to write out of my mind...

Amy P's 2019 NaJoPoMo-3

Post 2

Bluebottle

In the UK there's usually a half term week off which for most of the country was last week (28th October – 1st November), however on the Isle of Wight they were trialling a fortnight's half term in October (21st October – 1st November) and a shorter, five-week summer holiday, as of course holiday flights to Europe and hotel prices quadruple during the standard school holidays.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more