A Conversation for 24 Lies a Second: As Dead as a Pan

Are ghosts and zombies so very different?

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It probably doesn't matter whether I comment on this review or not. I'm the only one who ever does, which probably shows that I am very unclear on the concept. Oh, well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

I would expect Bill Murray to be interested in movies about ghosts and zombies. He was in "Ghostbusters" and "Zombieland." I will grant you that he was neither a ghost nor a zombie in those movies. If he has begun crossing the line, I doubt that his agent has enough influence on him to talk sense into him.

Adam Driver was in "The man who killed Don Quixote." Perhaps he will someday be in a movie about zombie Don Quixotes. Or not.

Post 2

Awix

All comments gratefully received, as ever.

Zombies and ghosts are opposites, surely - flesh without spirit, or spirit without flesh.

Also, good ghost stories are about the individual ghost. Good zombie stories are about the horde.

I suspect Bill Murray's decision was more down to Jim Jarmusch being involved than the subect matter.

Post 3

FWR

That's one for my to watch list! Thanks for the insightsmiley - applause

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

So Bill Murray hedges his bets by doing ghosts *and* zombies. smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 24 Lies a Second: As Dead as a Pan

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more