A Conversation for #22: Shoreline

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 1

Bluebottle

Dmitri's doing this on purpose - 'Crossing the Bar' was written by Tennyson in October 1889, but I wonder where could he have been going to?smiley - huh

Lovely picture - where was it taken?

<BB<

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - evilgrin

I don't know where this one was taken - I tried to keep good notes. smiley - huh

Maybe the photographer will come along and tell us. smiley - grovel

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 3

bobstafford

The North Devon coast River Camel estuary

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 4

There's a River Camel? smiley - cool

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 5

bobstafford

Yep from the Cornish Kimel (dont trust the spelling!) meaning crooked

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 6

smiley - eureka

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 7

FWR

Are they paragliders or big birds? Beautiful shot again.smiley - applause

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

" 'Crossing the Bar' was written by Tennyson in October 1889, but I wonder where could he have been going to? smiley - huh"

Ooo - I wonder? smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Another photo with fascinating colour contrast - the sand really stands out against the blue smiley - biggrin

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 9

bobstafford

Sea birds at various distances from the camera

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 10

cactuscafe

Lovely light in this pic! I want to swim in those waters! (dives into the photograph).

Love the boat on the beach. Atmospheric. I can feel that beach, I'm there in spirit, even though I've never been to that part of Cornwall.

River Camel estuary. Ah, interesting, I seem to remember the River Camel, when studying a map of the Saints Way. Interesting trail, the Saints Way.

'Crossing the Bar'

Post 11

bobstafford

The Saints Way history is very interesting, pleased you liked the photo smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for #22: Shoreline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more