A Conversation for How to Handle your first Yoga Class.

A87734154 - How to handle a Yoga Class

Post 21

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Entry: How to handle a new hobby. - A87734154
Author: Rosie - U14551270

Hi Rosie - if you're really stuck with a final paragraph, perhaps put this into Peer Review as it is and you'll get many more views than you get here? Other people may have other thoughts to add.

Post 22

Bluebottle

smiley - zenI enjoyed this, and agree that it is ready to go into Peer Reviewsmiley - ok. I learnt a new word from this article – Namaste. Never heard that one before, looked it up and learnt it means 'I bow to you'. I think that's a perfect ending to the entry smiley - biggrin

I assume that is a phrase said in Yoga lessons? You could possibly consider adding a definition in a footnote. The only other minor thing was I felt 'again choose your back flat on the floor' was perhaps an odd phrase, but it was obvious what you meant. These did not affect my enjoyment of the article at all.

smiley - yikesI don't think I've ever put my socks on whilst standing. I'd try it now, but as I'd first have to take my socks off, my work colleagues might object.smiley - footprints

<BB<

Post 23

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Yes Rosie

This needs to be in Peer Review - smiley - biggrin You will also be very pleased to know that on the strength of this Entry I have taken the plunge and given yoga a trial. smiley - hug You were quite right, the lying down relaxing bit at the end was well worth the pain of the stretching. I even went upside down for a bit! smiley - yikes

So, unless there's a reason you'd rather leave this for now, can I ask you to move it across please? smiley - grovel

smiley - zen Lanzababy

Post 24

Bluebottle

This is definitely ready for Peer Review. Peer Review's nothing to worry about – it's just like the Artist forum, with people looking at what you've created and suggesting a minor comment here and there to help improve it. If Peer Review was a scary place, I wouldn't put stuff into it.

<BB<

Post 25

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

What BB said,

smiley - zen

Post 26

minorvogonpoet

You're almost there with this article now, and it will be a good contribution to the Edited Guidesmiley - smiley

There are still one or two places where the punctuation etc could be improved.

smiley - biroIn the sentence beginning 'The list', the full stop should come after 'here' rather than after 'it'.

smiley - biro In the sentence beginning 'The class', you need a comma after 'psychiatrist'.

smiley - biro In the sentence beginning 'Collect a mat and 2 blocks' I wasn't sure about the clause in the brackets. Something like '(one for each hand - bring the floor much closer if you hold them when bending down)' might be clearer.

smiley - biro The sentence beginning 'Empty the thoughts' needs extra commas. Before and after 'for example' and after 'vets' would do it.

smiley - biro The sentence beginning 'Keeping in mind' needs a comma after 'bending.'

Post 27

Rosie

Gosh...thank you...

with apologies for having missed all your helpful comments and suggestions over the past few weeks...I've been to other places in my head these last few months...now I'm back! smiley - winkeye

So, I will correct my words - with your suggestions and once I've done that I'll 'put' it PR - if I can....

smiley - biggrin

Post 28

Rosie

PS....

I've completely forgotten how to edit my words smiley - huhsmiley - wah

smiley - weird

Post 29

Bluebottle

You should see an 'Edit Entry' button on the top right of the article in the right margin, which if you press you should be able to edit your article. Or there's an 'edit' button next to the article on your home page. Or if you go to http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/Useredit87734154 (it should only work for you) you should be able to load it up.

<BB<

Post 30

minorvogonpoet

By the time this gets into PR, it's going to be perfect! smiley - smiley

Post 31

Rosie

...confused again...

I've done the alterations...but can't find how to send it off to PR...I keep endin up in the creative writin place, which was where I posted it in the first place...I'm going round in circles smiley - huh

Would any one else like to 'click' for me?? smiley - biggrin

... can I have a smiley made for a techno-phobe? smiley - winkeye

Post 32

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Are you still here? I can do it for you if you're really stuck? Or I can try and talk you through it.

Wanna phone me?

Post 33

Rosie

Done!! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post