This is the Message Centre for doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Hello there

Post 1

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Hey doreiwolf, I'm ioreth, the sub lucky enough to have gotten your entry on David and Leigh Eddings at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A683651

It's extremely interesting (the bets part of being a sub, by far, is the eclectic mix of entries I always get); however I feel like you jump into a discussion of finer details of the life and works of the Eddings duo without any sort of an introduction to who they are and that they write at all. So (since I'm not exactly knowledgeable enough to write it smiley - smiley) I was wondering what you would think about writing an opening paragraph or section?

On the other hand, it was an interesting, well-written, and well-informed entry. congratulations!

Hello there

Post 2

doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Ok, let's see what I can get out of this.

David and Leigh Eddings are a husband and wife team who write what, for the most part, could be termed 'formula fantasy'. While not their first book, it was the five book fantasy epic "The Belgariad" that brought them to many reader's attention. While it was very much formulaic the quality of writing, and the characters, brought the world very much to life for fans.

Is that any good? smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for doreiwolf (why not try A682652?) (Alpha Low Thingite Patron, Defender of Wibble, Pagan Younger and Official Pooper Scooper)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more