This is the Message Centre for GrandSamDonald

YEC Scientists

Post 41

astrolog

Romans 13
8. Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

These are the rules I follow but I don't call myself a Christian!

aljismiley - wizard

YEC Scientists

Post 42

Don't Buy Vardy Cars

"Actually I provided a very genuine apology for providing false names."

You provided something that looked like an apology for providing false names. Since you are now telling us you provided real names it would appear that your apology was nothing of the sort.

Name some names. Put up or shut up.

The survey I suggested is still an option. You seem to have shied away from it.

Tell you what; perhaps you can explain the figures that Project Steve have come up with for teh number of YEC scientists:

http://www.ncseweb.org/article.asp?category=18

What religion are those 20% of scientists you claim are YEC? I ask, because Justin was always telling us how only 1-2% (if that) of the UK population wre ereally Christians. Assuming that the beliefs of scieintists tend to reflect those of the general population*, then that means that 18-19% of scientists are YECs but *not* True Bible Believing Christians like you and Justin. So what are they?

*And surveys suggest thay are actually *less* religiously inclined.

YEC Scientists

Post 43

astrolog

Reading through the articles, it looks like the 'Discovery Institute' is guilty of 'bearing false witness' against evolution.

aljismiley - wizard

YEC Scientists

Post 44

Hoovooloo

Um... GSD, you appear to have either missed or ignored posting 37. Could you answer, please?

Thank you.

Regards

SoRB

YEC Scientists

Post 45

Kiteman

<>

You named 16 people. Most of them weren't even scientists by your own definition (they were engineers, geologists etc), and your argument that your list of 16 was a good example of the number of YEC scientists was shot to pieces when other posters on the Science boards actually contacted them to ask. Do you remember how they answered, Sam? Think carefully before you answer, Sam, because "true Christians" do not lie.

Also, given that you are not studying an actual "science" degree (by your own definition), what is your source of information regarding "the current state of scientific research in the academic community and beyond"?

That also begs another question - why did you mention scintific research "beyond" the academic community, when your definition of "a scientist" only includes those *within* the academic community?

YEC Scientists

Post 46

Jock Tamson's Bairn

"One more for the long, long list of things you believe that aren't true."

That's a fundamental category error, Sir Gerund. Deep down, in his heart of hearts, SlamDunk has no need for the bluster that he displays for the beeb. He knows the truth.

You should state:

"One more for the long, long list of things that you would like to believe is true even though the real world contains no evidence for it."

Appropriately, the word "redneck" was invented in Scotland.

The wean.

YEC Scientists

Post 47

Jock Tamson's Bairn

GreatSlamDunk said:

"I never claimed I had conducted a scientific study here."

True.

You did, however, claim an "educated" guess.

It may have escaped your notice, but "educated" and "wild-assed" are generally taken to posses disparate meanings.

Personally, I think the "educated" bit was a tiny fib - but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Tell you what. Prove me wrong, and I'll take a bottle of Brunello round to my local (Tory) MP all on my own - and I promise, that will really hurt.

The wean.

YEC Scientists

Post 48

Jock Tamson's Bairn

"Just because your silly scientific theories and fallible instruments cannot measure it, does not mean that it is not true."

However, considering all the places where the bible makes a demonstrably false statement about reality, it would surely be foolish to expect a lower error rate in the other bits.

Blaming "Scientists" for your book being wrong is just a little bit like shooting the messenger for bringing bad news. Maybe it would be more productive to try to understand why the book is wrong in the first place.

The wean.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GrandSamDonald

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more