This is the Message Centre for GrandSamDonald

Things I believe...

Post 1

GrandSamDonald

As a Christian, I do not compromise on aspects of faith. Here are some of the major tenets of my faith:

I believe...

1. That the Bible is the absolute authority of all matters. It is inerrant in every sense.

2. The King James Version of 1611 is by far the best translation.

3. That God has chosen whom He wishes to save since the onset of time. All those whom he calls will respond to that call. If they walk they walk, they will not fall from grace and will receive eternal life after their physical death.

4. All men are born in sin and will die in sin unless they are born again. The consequences of sin is a sentence of eternity in the fires of hell.

5. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, is the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, was crucified at calvary to atone for man's sin, and rose again on the third day. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven and will return one day soon to judge the living and the dead.

6. No one may approach God unless they do so through Jesus. Jesus said 'no one comes to the Father but by me'. That means that there will be no muslims, no hindus, no buddhists, no catholics, no atheists, no agnostics in heaven.

Things I believe...

Post 2

TheKnightGerund

So, taking these one by one:

1. You believe that the bible is the authority on such subjects as the lagomorph digestive system (Lev 11:5-6), and the death of Judas Iscariot (Mt 27:5 vs Acts 1:18).

2. You believe that the King James version is the best translation, despite the fact that it is translated from the Latin, which was translated from the Greek, which was translated from the Hebrew (OT) and Aramaic (Jesus' language), and the fact that Hebrew scholars do not consider the KJV to be a good translation of the OT.

3. You believe that god creates countless bilions of people with the sole intention of burning hem forever in hell.

4. You believe that newborn babies come into the world intrinsically evil, and that children who die in infancy go to hell forever.

5. You believe that the end of the world is nigh. Do you have a sandwich board?

6. See point 3.

Sam, you believe a steaming pile of fertilizer.

Things I believe...

Post 3

GrandSamDonald

1. There are no conrtadictions here, only apparent contradictions to the eyes of the unsaved. God's Word is Truth!

2. The Lord God is an Almighty God, and His Word is contained in the KJV. The language issue is no barrier to the Almighty.

3. Ya actually. You might not like that idea, but it is entirely scriptural.

4. Yes - that's what the Bible tells us.

5. I don't have a sandwich board, but I am not afraid to use a megaphone on the streets to tell people that. I have been sworn at, spat at, and punched for preaching the Gospel.

Things I believe...

Post 4

TheKnightGerund

"1. There are no conrtadictions here"

Mt 27:5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Acts 1:18 "Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

Both passages refer to Judas.

I could go on to address your belief that god is basically an evil, sadistic megalomaniac, but it would do no good. I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, but these things need to be pointed out for the benefit of any passer by who might think that your beliefs had a shred of legitimacy to them.

Things I believe...

Post 5

hallucygenia

"That God has chosen whom He wishes to save since the onset of time. All those whom he calls will respond to that call. If they walk they walk, they will not fall from grace and will receive eternal life after their physical death."

Have you read "Confessions of a Justified Sinner?" by James Hogg?

Things I believe...

Post 6

Don't Buy Vardy Cars

"I have been sworn at, spat at, and punched for preaching the Gospel."

I suspect not. However I'm willing to bet that you've been sworn at, spat at and punched for being an annoying and noisy twat.

Things I believe...

Post 7

TheKnightGerund

"Have you read "Confessions of a Justified Sinner?" by James Hogg?"

Sam's at St Andrews. The Scots would confuse him.smiley - winkeye

Things I believe...

Post 8

hernancortes

"I don't have a sandwich board, but I am not afraid to use a megaphone on the streets to tell people that. I have been sworn at, spat at, and punched for preaching the Gospel."

Are you one of the shouty people on Market St then? Or was this not in St Andrews you were preaching? I lived on Market St for two years and you people were very annoying. I don't recall any of you using a megaphone. I certainly didn't hear of any of the preachers being phisicaly attacked.

Things I believe...

Post 9

JeremyP

TheKnightGerund wrote:
"1. There are no conrtadictions here"

Mt 27:5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Acts 1:18 "Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

Both passages refer to Judas.
Yes they do, but the second passage is quoting the words of Saint Peter. The Bible can thus be self consistent as long as we assume that Peter was mistaken in his belief that Judas tripped over and burst.

I don't know what the fundamentalist position is on the fallibility of Jesus' right hand man is but, no doubt, Sam will tell us shortly.

Things I believe...

Post 10

Brochfael_Canwrtir

> 3. That God has chosen whom He wishes to save since the onset of time. All those whom he calls will respond to that call. If they walk they walk, they will not fall from grace and will receive eternal life after their physical death.

Correct me if you're wrong here but you seem to be saying that if you accept the the bible and follow its teachings, you can do no wrong?

This sounds dangerously close to Neitze's concept of the Ubermensh adopted by Himmler.

It strikes home as a monumentally Narcissistic belief devoid of historical awareness and humility.

I'm sure most people would agree that only by constantly questioning the morality of our actions can we keep ourselves on the straight and narrow. If you believe you can do no wrong you're own arrogance will inevitably lead you into evil.

Things I believe...

Post 11

astrolog

It also goes against the teaching of Jesus.
John 14 23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
This to my mind gives man the choice

John 14 27. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14 28. Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
If Jesus is God then he should be equal to his father!

aljismiley - wizard

Things I believe...

Post 12

GrandSamDonald

Amen.

If you need these verses explained to you, there are plenty of apologetics on the web that will do so.

My explanations would not change your mindset in the slightest, so I will reserve my energies for you in my prayers, praying earnestly that He will draw you to him, and that you shall repent and be baptised before He returns in all His glory to judge the living and the dead.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GrandSamDonald

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more