This is the Message Centre for Thorn

As Finals week approaches:

Post 1

Thorn

& it gets down to the wire I wonder... how the heck is everybody else out there?

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - smiley hi Tohron

I'm working hard, I'm just doing the last bits of my Master's thesis and will do my exam at the end of June. smiley - puff

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Hi, thorn! I was just wondering if you had finals soon. smiley - smiley

smiley - goodluck

Post 4

Thorn

Oh, good for you Tav. smiley - goodluck & such, etc. I&#39;m just starting to try to get into departmental research under a few of the professors. >.<

Post 5

Thorn

Funny you should mention that Mr. D as I&#39;d just finished my last one a few days ago. Still waiting to find out how I did on them too btw. & how are you sir?

Post 6

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Thanks Thorn. I'm just finishing the very last things, I'll have to print next week.

Post 7

smiley - goodluck

Doing okay, thanks. smiley - smiley Like Tav, I'm finishing up a project.

Post 8

Thorn

I got a greenlight on a project from a research professor. I get to study under an evolutionary geneticist but I have do a synthesis paper on the work of his favorite population geneticist who was a prolific fossil who wrote 263 articles before dying. smiley - yikes

Post 9

smiley - rofl Sounds like fun. smiley - goodluck with that. Why do these people have to write so much? smiley - rofl

Post 10

Thorn

Apparently he was a foremost expert on the genetics of social insects... as well as the plants and animals that they like to eat... smiley - zzz
Not boring but tiring nonetheless. smiley - yikes

Good Question Mr. D.

Post 11

Oh, now that could be interesting. But yes, lots of work. smiley - laugh

Have you seen the movie 'Kinsey'? It might inspire you. Dr Kinsey started his research with gall wasps - about a million of them. Counted individually. smiley - whistle

Post 12

Thorn

Not yet but I definitely want to if you&#39;re recommending it to me.

Ugh, having teenager-ish problems of the mental variety. Lol, I was hoping those would go away when I was closer to my mid-twenties...
bothered because I&#39;d tried online dating and the first one was very horrible. The next several were okay and friendly and nice-ish. Never got any actual dates out of it so far, but a few mailed me some presents and I mailed them some stuff and we ... are or were penpals. Tried some offline dating too. First date is okay haven&#39;t nailed the trick to getting a second date just yet though. smiley - footinmouthsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 13

Thorn

Also noodling some with putting together a resume on linkedin. My word, there are trolls there too apparently. Just older and more career oriented ones than on other places on the Internet. smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

What have you been up to sir?

Post 14

Writing my little heart out on multiculturalism. smiley - winkeye

That online dating sounds tricky. smiley - erm I wish you smiley - goodluck. LinkedIn sounds like more online dating, only with resumes? smiley - bigeyes

Post 15

Thorn

Oh good.

smiley - rofl,. yes, something like that but you are in a way trying to seduce the businesses and HR executives... I hadn&#39;t put the two and two together. Hahaha.

Post 16

smiley - rofl Well, figure out the right come-on lines, but beware of the usual disappointments, I guess. smiley - winkeye

Post 17

Thorn

smiley - laughsmiley - laugh Yes.

Post 18

Thorn

Hrmmm, now summer condensed calculus has started. Still no dates but my bio tutor is cute & smart. smiley - laugh

Post 19

smiley - biggrin That's a plus.

Summer condensed calculus sounds like a dessert...smiley - whistle

Hey, thorn, did you hear all the news? We're going to be NooHooToo. smiley - winkeye

Post 20

Thorn

No I&#39;d not heard yet. The math course is kicking my butt but I got this cute little eastern European model to agree to tutor me in biology. Only thing that would make me happier is to have some souse for lunch.

NOOHOOTOO you say? oh my.

Key: Complain about this post