A Conversation for Gatecrashers

Flea Market: A166303 - Gatecrashers

Post 1

Ben The Hippy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A166303

Bit of fun really, but I hope it gets a laugh...

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hi!

this is an interesting bit, and funny in parts, but doesn't seem to tell me much in the way of *information* about gatecrashers. for example:

* where did the term "gatecrashers" come from?

* are there any instances of gatecrashing known in ancient or medieval history?

* what are the advantages to having your party be "gatecrashed"?

* what are the advantages to being a gatecrasher?

* what are some sneaky tactics a person could use to improve their success rate as a gatecrasher?

* how do gatecrashers sniff out all these parties?

smiley - smiley
Mikey

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 3

Martin Harper

smiley - laugh

Myself, I'd seperate the tips for acquiring gatecrashers from the tips for accomodating gatecrashers once they've arrived. I'd also have a seperate header for advantages and disadvantages of gatecrashers. Plus, like Mikey says, I think there's more to be written. In particular, it'd be nice to have some stuff from the gatecrasher's perspective.

But I think it's a good start - and it's nice to see some celebration of the noble(?) art of gatecrashing...

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 4

LUCIEN-Scouting the web for the out of the ordinary

I too would like more info. Perhaps some examples of famous gatecrashers? There are a few people that come to mind.

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 5

Barton

Perhaps one of the greatest gatecrashers in history was Atilla the Hun. It seems obvious that the earliest gatecrashers must have come with siege equipment as well as armies. But that's also a one laugh joke.

Yes, if it deserves to be edited, it deserves much more.

For instance, in addition to the discussion of arranging to be gatecrashed, preparing to be gatecrashed, and gatecrashing. There's removing gatecrashers -- during and after a party. There's recovering from gatecrashers. And, the potentially vast topic of getting even with gatecrashers.

You might also want to consider a rating system for gatecrashers and methods of displaying rank.

There's the potentially lucrative public service for gatecrashers such as magazines and party of the week notices (on the news stands next to the paparazzi stuff), gatecrasher reality-tv, gatecrasher action figures and other child emulation spin-off toys, and the most lucrative of them all, gatecrasher bail/bond cards by the monthly subscription plan (special rates on week days.)

There's a start here, but I haven't seen you sweat yet. smiley - smiley

Barton

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 6

Martin Harper

Well, no response from the author, so it looks as if this entry will be moved to the writing workshop. The workshop is a happy place, and I'm sure that somebody will be able to turn this ingot into the gem it deserves to be... smiley - smiley

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 7

Kenrick

How poetic! smiley - winkeye
I second the move to the Writing Workshop.

A166303- Gatecrashers

Post 8

Barton

I, too, think this deserves the workover.

Barton

Conversation Moved

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more