This is the Message Centre for World Service Memoryshare team

I love Denmark!

Post 1

World Service Memoryshare team

I've just come back from a short trip to Arhus in Denmark - it really is the most marvellous place. Have you ever been to a place where you just feel *comfortable*? Where you feel you couldn't make any complaints at all, even if you tried? The Danish seem to have got everything right. The place isn't touristy or in your face, it's extraordinarily child friendly (I hear that there are child carriages on inter city trains!), it's green and pleasant, there are bicycles everywhere, hardly any cars in comparison with London, the food's good, there's an excellent welfare system and it's very environmentally conscious. And it was sunny, too! (And my, the men are handsome smiley - winkeyesmiley - blush)

smiley - smiley

Anna

I love Denmark!

Post 2

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

Arhus sounds great. It reminds me of one or two rural Dutch towns I've been to. So un-British!

I love Denmark!

Post 3

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

smiley - smiley

smiley - injuredsmiley - cake
PS. That email I just said I was going to send may be delayed. The Orange Email's playing up. Again. smiley - sadface

I love Denmark!

Post 4

Ottox

Glad you liked it. smiley - smiley

I lived in Århus (or Aarhus) for three years and it's *almost* as nice as many other places in Denmark. smiley - winkeye

I love Denmark!

Post 5

World Service Memoryshare team

Hi Ottox,

Where are you living now? And what were you doing in Århus?

smiley - smiley

Anna

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for World Service Memoryshare team

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more