This is the Message Centre for World Service Memoryshare team

No baby yet

Post 1

World Service Memoryshare team

I'm now a week overdue - there's no telling when this little chap is going to arrive. I really thought he was going to be out and about last weekend, but no it seems he's snug and happy in there for the moment. We've made all the preparations that we can. We keep getting disappointed phonecalls saying, 'Isn't he here yet'? *sigh* Honestly, it's like signing up for a bungy jump, getting to the launch site and then someone says, actually no, we're not going to be doing it today, everyone back here tomorrow, or sometime soon, but we don't know when!

No baby yet

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

oh poor you!
smiley - cuddle
Get hubby to book a meal out tomorrow night & watch the little 'un make an entrance!smiley - biggrin

smiley - hug

~AGB~

No baby yet

Post 3

smiley - cuddle
I was late too.
I'm always late to things IRL too, like school smiley - winkeye
I miss an amazing amount of buses
So if he's late, maybe he'll be like that too!
Have fun smiley - winkeye
smiley - hug

No baby yet

Post 4

SchrEck Inc.

Hi Anna,

now it's too late, but perhaps it would have been a good idea not to tell people the exact date but a date two or three weeks later... smiley - winkeye

Best wishes

No baby yet

Post 5

Tom I.

Hi Anna!
Thanks for posting, I've been checking your site every day to see if anything happened!

My wife has "always" been early. Our first one came three weeks early, the second one clocked in eight days early, and our last one came two days late. smiley - smiley By then, my wife had been waiting eagerly for two weeks, and we even went to the hospital a week or so before he came, because my wife was so sure he was going to come out.

Now I am sure that lots of people have been telling you about things to do, stuff to eat and all that to make him come out. Don't listen, it doesn't work. The only method that is scientifically proven, is... uh... you know, the fun one. At least for the dad. smiley - winkeye A couple I know were at the hospital, waiting, and the midwife told them that she'd leave the room for half an hour, and in the meantime, she recommended that they... uh... You know. The fun stuff. Of course, he couldn't for the world. ;-D

If there is a book you'd like to read, why not start it now? It could be the last one you have time to read for a while.

And hey, one more thing: Don't forget to pack a small mirror in your hospital bag! Lots of people will be coming to see you, and they will all take pictures. And for the next thirty years or so you'll be looking at albums, going "Aww, look at my hair! You could have told me!"

(I assume you have already packed the hairbrush. smiley - smiley)

Tom

No baby yet

Post 6

Jimi X

Hi Anna! smiley - smiley

Our first one was 10 days late so you're still doing fine. But I know what you mean about the waiting...

Keep us informed!

smiley - cheers

- X

No baby yet

Post 7

World Service Memoryshare team

Thanks for the lovely wishes everyone. If I remember correctly, I think my waters broke not long after writing this journal entry. I didn't get a chance to visit the internet cafe again! I did go for a gorgeous meal that night (had been going out for hot curries all that week in the belief that it would get things moving) and the next morning (Friday) I went in to hospital. I didn't have Dominic until the Sunday so friends and family *still* had ages to wait! All seems like a long time ago now smiley - smiley

No baby yet

Post 8

Jimi X

smiley - smiley

Just wait a bit, the time really starts to fly...

My eldest is going to her first all-girl slumber party this weekend at a friend's house.

*feels very old suddenly* smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for World Service Memoryshare team

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more