This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Short Subject: Cabbage Whites, Part Two (Polka Revenge)

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR complained about the cabbage white video, so it's his fault.

Here is the Cabbage White Polka, aka 'Stay Out of My Halupke':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJCAPqFFy8

I arranged the melody from a polka tune I found in a flute book by Septimus Winner. He really needs a guide entry. Winner was jailed for treason for songwriting in 1862. See, Lincoln fired General McClellan - for very good reasons. But the general was popular, and his supporters bought 80,000 copies of Winner's pro-McClellan song in two days.

The song 'Give Us Back Our Old Commander: Little Mac, the People's Pride' was also used as a campaign song for McClellan in 1864. Little Mac lost, thank the Lord, or else there would still be a Confederacy. They revamped the song again for Ulysses S Grant's campaign.

It's a good thing they let Winner out of jail, so he could write more band arrangements (for 23 instruments) and more songs. He wrote the hymn 'Whispering Hope' under the pseudonym 'Alice Hawthorne'.

Not bad for a self-taught musician.

smiley - dragon

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

That is a jaunty tune smiley - biggrin

I'm impressed by the raised beds smiley - ok Excellent to study the butterfly movements in slow motion, too smiley - oksmiley - bluebutterfly

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks! smiley - orangebutterfly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more