This is the Message Centre for mightyspooky

Pain

Post 1

mightyspooky

Being 6 months pregnant, and having previously given birth to two children, it occured to me that I have once again, volunteered myself, to undergo copious amounts of PAIN. Having been there twice before, I ask myself, what in the world possesed me to do this again. It isn't that I've forgotten what it was like, although medical books state that this is the case, believe me, when you have suffered pain like that it would take a very heavy blow to the head to make you forget about it.

I think that when my partner and I decided to have a third child I was so caught up in the thought of having a new baby that the down side, such as the birth, never crossed my mind. I am, the eternal optomist, only thinking of the good things. Now however, as the day of recconing gradually approaches, the pain which i will have to suffer, and the fear of that pain, move gradually to the forefront of my mind.

Pain

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

It'll be a doddle.

My third child, a boy (after two girls) decided to arrive at 3am. My husband got the girls out of bed, drove us to his mother's, dropped off the girls, then drove me to the maternity home, as we arrived I was 10cms dilated and he never had time to get gowned and gloved (on feet).

He was my biggest baby and arrived in 56 minutes from first pain to birth.

8½ lbs and no stitches.

I felt like I should have been awarded a medal.

smiley - biggrin

(He's now 21, btw, almost 22)

Galaxy Babe
smiley - flyhi

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for mightyspooky

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more