A Conversation for Muse - the Band

Muse sounds like new - old radiohead

Post 1

deluirking

I haven't been hearing Muse for too long, one of the reasons I like muse so much is they sound so much like new old Radiohead (if you know what I mean). Anywho, does anyone here know or other bands sounding this good? I mean that have the same spirit and strenght?

Post 2

laurathemadone

radiohead sound like muse.

Post 3

deluirking

Well, that does not matter much to me, the thing is that they are both great bands, one thing is sure, Radiohead has been around longer than muse, being a great influence to many good bands, there seems to be a little of the old radiohead (pablo honey, the bends) in muse's sound, that's the way I see it anywho.

oh, and I still have the same question, are there any other bands that sound like Radiohead (or muse for that matter)? I mean bands that have the same spirit and strenght...

smiley - magic

Post 4

young2care

Muse sounds like Muse 'cause it's phenomena like the Radiohead.
MaTT is GENios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 5

suesuesueme

Radiohead's 'The Bends' was a big influence on Muse so I suppose they have a similar sound - that can't be a bad thing

When their first album 'Showbiz' was released they were also suggested to be the darker twin of Coldplay which was unfounded and very unfair and have since proved themselves to have their own unique style of music (also known as opreratic apocolyptic rock). The only way I can describe it is pounding base bellow Matt Bellamy's harrowing screeches, and utterly fantastic.

For a better description try:

MUSE - Inside the Muscle Museum, a book by Ben Myers

or go see them live (I've never seen a better live band yet smiley - biggrin)

Post 6

Mat

I saw them in Hamburg about 2/3 years ago. They were excellent. One of the best (and loudest!) gigs I've ever experienced. They definitely have their own sound but it's normal for people to try and compare a band (it helps people put them in a category). If I had to compare them to anyone I would say they are similar to Rush (another awsome trio) circa 1978.

Post 7

shiftyakacampo

to say muse sound like radiohead is such an outdated and stale thing to say. cooked up by some journalist.
just because matt, like thom, sings in falsetto the former is ripping off the latter. the two bands have very different styles and sounds. i admit there are simularities in Muse`s first album showbiz, but thats where it ends.

Post 8

T1mown

to say muse sound like radiohead is such an outdated and stale thing to say. cooked up by some journalist.
just because matt, like thom, sings in falsetto the former is ripping off the latter. the two bands have very different styles and sounds. i admit there are simularities in Muse`s first album showbiz, but thats where it ends.

Amen!

i completely agree with everything here. i am not a big fan of radiohead, but a huge fan of muse, i can see why people would compare, but cannot see where the 'copycat' tag came from.

you could say the same about blink 182 and Greenday, but no-one accuses Blink of copying greenday

Post 9

Orcus

Tis indeed outdated - if you care to check, the original comment on this conversation was made in 2005! smiley - winkeye

Post 10

T1mown

smiley - tongueout Fair enough, however i still hear the comment quite often, especially when i say i like one but not 'tother

Post 11

Orcus

I know what you mean, someone did say this to me a couple of years back - although I do in fact like both bands (although I've gone off Radiohead slightly since they disappeared up the blackhole of pretension with Kid A).

For me, they sound much more like Queen now. Which is fine by me as Queen were awesome and possibly why Muse are my current favourite band. smiley - biggrin

They do of course, sound mostly like themselves though.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more