A Conversation for The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy - The Film

Rubbish film!

Post 1

babel_fish

The new film of the HHG2TG is, quite frankly, rubbish. this fact is not so apparent when you first watch the film; the story line is still great and marvin is clearly much improved, but all you need to do is watch the T.V. series and you can see that there is definatly something there that the film just doesn't have. yes the acting is terrable (with the exception of Simon Jones who plays Arther Dent)and the whole thing looks crap (am i allowed to say that) but there's something about the T.V. series, the books and the original radio series, that were made before the death of Douglas Adams and with his full imput, that the film just doesn't have. I just can't help but feel that had the film been made while Douglas Adams was still alive it would have retained that certain something the makes the HHG2TG great. though I suppose the film isn't that bad really.

Key: Complain about this post

Rubbish film!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more