A Conversation for Skydiving

Skydiving Vs. Flying

Post 1

Schweitty

I find essential to note to readers that this sport is in no way similar to those attempting to learn to fly (Which as any good hitchhiker should know is the art of being able to throw yourself at the ground, and miss). As is well known by fliers everywhere, the use of a safety mechanisms necessarily defeats the ability to fly and therefore skydiving is in no way related to flight. That being said, I must also comment that skydivers are merely wooses who won't risk the injuries involved with learning to fly. Thank you.

Skydiving Vs. Flying

Post 2

Dekka Dense

Well, if you consider calling a wuss someone who for no apparent reason decides to jump out of a perfectly working plane, suit yourself.

Of course it cannot be compared to the art of flying, but there are few people these days who have the dedication to "throw" themselves heedlessly into trying to learn how to go about it. smiley - smiley

Skydiving Vs. Flying

Post 3

well, i have to admit, i'd probably like to have a parachute when i meet up with that guy who keep's handing me a sign while i'm about 1000 feet up that says "who are you kidding" and i realize it really is impossibe to fly. The lack of effort required to disbelieve this is astonishing.

Skydiving Vs. Flying

Post 4

Researcher 36207

There's no doubt that PILOTS are the greatest wusses aloft... (c:
To truly experience the medium, you've got to get out of the vehicle, because...
"if piloting an airplane is flying, then riding a boat is swimming".

Skydiving Vs. Flying

Post 5

Azimuth

But you have to be nice to them, because if you're not, they won't let you hitch a lift to 12,000 feet and jump out of their plane...

Azimuth

Skydiving Vs. Flying

Post 6

Dekka Dense

Exactly, some wusses are necessary!!! And the pity is that probably every other kind of defective being has it's own value/use on our nice little blue-green planet. That is all.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more