A Conversation for Poetic License

Please Review/Poetic License

Post 21

Sporkulious Eglon

I'm fine... it is true... I'm not dissin' you... that person just pops up and says the same thing everywhere... it gets a bit annoying

Post 22

Anonymouse

I believe she's new
To h2g2
Let's give 'er some slack
And a great big rack
Of vodka-filled goodies
and something that rhymes. smiley - winkeye

Post 23

Researcher 93445

There is a more colloquial meaning to "poetic license" as well, is there not? People who get caught in bald-faced lies sometimes write them off to poetic license. Perhaps this is just further evidence of the continued denaturation of the English language, though.

I give this entry a 7. Clear, concise, and not annoyingly full of itself.

Post 24

Anonymouse

*chuckles* Actually that "colloquial meaning" is what gave me the idea of the page. smiley - winkeye I might just make a note on that, come to think of it. smiley - smiley

Thanks for your comments. smiley - smiley

Post 25

BuskingBob

I like the idea of poetic/artistic/literary license - where would scifi writers be without it it? Or scriptwriters for Bruce Willis etc? Is this something that you could perhaps incorporate into your article?

Post 26

Sporkulious Eglon

I shall try to be more congenial smiley - winkeye

Post 27

Anonymouse

Being that I have been a writer of sometimes crude but passable poetry and rather short stories for some time, don't get me wrong, I do understand that poetic license has it's place. It's just that often it gets -over- used as an excuse to lie. smiley - winkeye

But, you're probably right... I should add a little something for the positive side. smiley - smiley

Post 28

Anonymouse

Why I didn't answer this before I'll never know.. (can you tell I'm going through my pages for missed threads? smiley - winkeye)

Okay:

This sentence doesn't rhyme,
But carries rythm great.

This one here -does- ryme,
But it's rythm is all out of lyme.

*grins and scampers off before someone shoots* smiley - smiley

Post 29

Anonymouse

Spelling, however, is another story. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more