This is the Message Centre for Silicon Avatar

Hooray, I got rejected!

Post 1

Silicon Avatar

Seems they didn't like my article one bit. Maybe it wasn't 'real world' enough for them. Maybe it was too derivative. Maybe it was just... well, crap. Well, I'll show them. They laughed at me when I thought up docusoaps!

Hooray, I got rejected!

Post 2

wingpig

What happens when you're rejected? I've submitted a few things since joining at the launch but haven't had any replies yet. Is there a nice email akin to a note telling you how shit your essay was and how you're going to fail all your exams?

Hooray, I got rejected!

Post 3

Silicon Avatar

Well, in my case it took a couple of weeks and they sent me a congratulations email saying I was worthy of rejection. I'm assuming they're pretty busy reading every submission so it may take a while. Hope you have better luck than me. smiley - smiley

Processing time

Post 4

wingpig

One of my pages has mysteriously changed number and now reckons to have been edited by Shenerd. Nothing, as far as I can tell, was removed even though it insulted the landlord of my old local rather more than I thought might be acceptable. I shall see what transpires.

Processing time

Post 5

what you know as km

I too have had one of my entries change number and date and take on the new attitude that it is edited by Shenard, but nothing further has happened to it in the past few weeks. Well, aside from the fact that the word "favor" has been changed to "favour." But other than that, nothing.

A bit of a cheek

Post 6

Global Village Idiot

If it was your Under Construction article which got rejected, I think that's a bit rich, because Jim Lynn (The Producer) has a link to it from his home page (U6)! A|t least I suppose that means they didn't *completely* hate it.

A bit of a cheek

Post 7

Silicon Avatar

Holy cripes on toast, you appear to be right! Well, that's recognition enough for me. smiley - smiley This means I might well overcome my initial disappointment and write some more stuff.

Thanks for pointing this out. I would never have noticed.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Silicon Avatar

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more