A Conversation for The Life and Times of Richard Dawkins

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A80888106 - The Life and Times of Richard Dawkins

Post 1

zaney_the_viper

Entry: The Life and Times of Richard Dawkins - A80888106
Author: zaney_the_viper - U14290576

What should I change? What should I add? I need lots of ideas. smiley - biggrin

A80888106 - The Life and Times of Richard Dawkins

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

You should call him Richard Dawkins the first time you refer to him, but Dawkins from then on.

Is Dawkins really an Evolutionary Biologist, or is he a populariser of Evolutionary Biology? Has he done any scientific work?

I think you should say something about Dawkin's attitude to religion, because that's what he's most famous for and particularly because he has had a change of heart in the last year or two. He used to put everybody's backs up by trying to impose his views of religion on everybody else, but more recently has decided that there might be a case for letting people believe what they want to believe, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. This is not as simple as it sounds, as he feels many religions do in fact do a lot of harm.

What's an ethologist, or is it a typo?

What

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

There were a couple of references to him on Doctor Who in the last few years as well - he was on explaining the "ghosts" that turned out to be actually cybermen, and he was one of the people who believed in stars in the episode where they destroyed the universe.

Post 4

zaney_the_viper

Ethologists specialize in the study of animal behavior. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Bluebottle

I'd like to propose Flea Market as the author has smiley - elvised.

<BB<

Post 6

h2g2 Guide Editors

smiley - biro Moved from EGWW back to Entry

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more