This is the Message Centre for Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Culchah.

Post 1

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Today I had a lovely time with my Mum in Tate Britain. The rehang's very good for the most part - especially the room 'James Clarke Hook and Painters of the Sea' . I'd never heard of him before, or the others in the room, but the hang is stunning. On the North wall there's a lovely symmetrical arrangement of three paintings that uses a juxtaposition of styles and really has to be seen. Splendid.

I'm a tad narked by the John Martin 'Judgement' tryptic: they're too high, and the lighting reflects off the surfaces of the paintings so that you can only really see them from the other side of the room or standing directly beneath them looking up (although that is an interesting angle). In fairness, they are seriously big paintings, and (alas) don't have a high enough profile to justify special treatment, so finding somewhere for them must be a tad tricky.

Some of the Turners seem to have had a bit of a rehang too, though I could be wrong. Doesn't matter - they're still awe inspiring (how the hell is it possible to do light like that with a paintbrush?) And I've seen Blue Rigi in the flesh! It is good! Maybe not £5m's worth of good, but good nonetheless. I'm very pleased The Tate are keeping it.

Hang on, I'm danger of sounding cultured here.

NIPPLES!

There, that's better.

Culchah.

Post 2

Fizzymouse- no place like home

A whole new meaning to 'How's it hanging'smiley - laugh

Glad you had a good day - I only ever made it to the Tate once and was gobsmacked - you Londoners don't know how lucky you are.smiley - winkeye

smiley - mouse

Culchah.

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Flippin' 'eck, lad!!

You 'ad me worried for a moment!! smiley - doh

Culchah.

Post 4

swl

<>

That's illegal.

And quite immoral.

Culchah.

Post 5

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Rarely has a tone been lowered quite so precipitously.

smiley - applause

Culchah.

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Have haven't done anything yet!! smiley - tongueout

Culchah.

Post 7

zendevil

Thing haven't yet done have any?

zdt

Culchah.

Post 8

swl

If it hadn't been a simulpost, I would have managed it by the 2nd post - which would have made me quite proud actually smiley - biggrin

Culchah.

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

It's the smiley - mouse's fault. smiley - doh

Culchah.

Post 10

Fizzymouse- no place like home

What can I say - thank you for your recognition - again Bel. It was indeed my fault and smiley - tongueout to you all.smiley - evilgrin

Hah - I've started already.smiley - senior

smiley - mouse

Culchah.

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Death save me from getting that old smiley - rolleyes

Culchah.

Post 12

zendevil

That old death me getting from Save.

zdt

Culchah.

Post 13

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - envy

Culchah.

Post 14

U1250369

At the risk of sooounding uncool, I'm glad you had a lovely day with your mum.

It would mean an awful lot to her, Roy

Key: Complain about this post