This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

Cryptic Sunflash Love Poem

Post 1

cactuscafe

13 november 05
I really appreciate h2g2. I know I keep saying it, but its worth repeating.

Today I drew pencil patterns which looked like fishes, and eyes, and strange calligraphic entities. My drawings may not make it to the art show, but they are surely mine.

Something is happening to me. I just wrote a love poem. OK, like my drawings, it may not make it to the art show, but it is surely mine.

Could this be the springtime of a person? The creation of their own signature, for better for worse, till death do them part? I have decided to create a magazine, with my jottings and some friends' jottings, and the pawprints of passing alley cats. Wish you guys could contribute. Perhaps you can. Its on paper though. We could work it out. Can't pay though - unless the alley cats make good.

This is the love poem. Its called Cryptic Sunflash Love Poem, but then it would be. I never said my own signature would make sense. The knife-slash represents the pain of loving, but the poem is intending to show that love is stronger than it all - - -etc etc smiley - smiley

Neon nerve-lines run through sunflash!
Picnic in the dog-eared park.
Love endures the silver knife-slash -
Kiss you in the secret dark.

Painted visions in the alley -
Hearts and hymns in cryptic rhyme.
Walk with you through hope and valley -
Love endures the kiss of time.

Neon nerve-lines run through knife-slash.
Hearts and hymns in secret dark.
Walk with you through silver sunflash -
Kiss you in the dog-eared park.

Love you in the dark of alley -
Visions painted there in rhyme.
Kiss you in the picnic-valley -
Walk with you through hope and time.

amen. (work in progress) helen. smiley - biggrin

Post 2

frontiersman

Wow Helen!
That's really something!
It is a love inspired poem. True poetry: it scans!
it rhymes!
it has rhythm!
it inspires the reader as well as the writer!

And; it's yours!

Whatever else you do, keep drawing and writing and inspiring the rest of us!

Ronsmiley - biggrinsmiley - bubblysmiley - choc

Post 3

cactuscafe

really? true poetry? wow. thanks Ron. I'm just pure risk at the moment - disciplining myself to write my journals, even though I don't know what the outcome will be ----

you know, its a very interesting point you made there Ron - when you said 'it inspires the reader as well as the writer' - I have been thinking about this for some hours now -

that makes me feel warm inside, to inspire the reader .... its different for me from trying to impress the reader.

I think for me to impress the reader, I would have to fake it. Try to be something I am not. But if I can inspire the reader, whilst being myself, well, then I am really getting somewhere. Perhaps for me its something to do with points of light, redemption, hope. Not icky sentimental light, but that other light .... smiley - erm

thanks for provoking more thought Ron! I truly appreciate it.

speak to you later.

Helensmiley - biggrin

Post 4

The Lone Arranger

String togethor on a line, five or six "words" made of bits and bytes of strings of ones and zrors sent on demand at the speed of light..to evoke an image in two pounds of gray matter far away....

It's a talent....Secret kisses in the dark...love it

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for cactuscafe

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more