A Conversation for The National Library for the Blind

Peer Review: A3516068 - The National Library for the Blind

Post 1

NLBeditor

Entry: The National Library for the Blind - A3516068
Author: NLBeditor - U1249796

This article gives an overview of the history and current activities of the National Library for the Blind.

Some thoughts - The National Library for the Blind

Post 2

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

I scanned through this. It looks interesting. I'll come back and read some more later.

I've heard of Braille before, but not of the other two systems you mentioned. Could you perhaps say a bit about them in a footnote or provide a link to another article which explains how they work? (To add footnotes you would need to cast your article into GuideML. There are plenty of people around who could help you with that. It's not difficult once you get used to it.)

I'm sure you'l have no trouble getting this through Peer Review. It's a well-written article on an interesting and important topic.

TRiG.smiley - smiley

A3516068 - The National Library for the Blind

Post 3

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Hi NLBeditor smiley - smiley

IMO this looks interesting, and has the potential to be an Edited Entry, it will need a little work done on it. Other Researches will reply soon, to offer advice and suggestions. smiley - smiley

It would be nice if you would add an introduction of some kind on your Space. Some Researchers are reluctant to make comments on Entries where it looks like the author may not return, as yours does at the moment. smiley - erm

You can add an introduction by clicking this short cut <./>UserEdit?masthead=1</.>or 'Edit Page' on your Space. smiley - ok

Also, it would be good if you could change you Entry to GuideML. That's the language h2g2 uses, to enable you to add Headers/Subheaders, links, bold or Italic text etc, you can find out more at A2669051 it says it for a personal Space, but works the same in Guide Entries. smiley - magic

Emmily
smiley - rose

Post 4

AlexAshman

Interesting entry - is the author going to come back? smiley - erm

"the year of the final withdrawal from Gallipoli and of the devastating Battle of the Somme was key in determining the future of the Library NLB"
-->
"...Somme was a key factor in..."
OR
"...Somme was the key in..."
Or a similar alternative depending on exactly what you were trying to say.

I'm not sure that 'rehoused' is a word - perhaps 're-housed'?smiley - erm

and other war-time duties
-->
and other wartime duties

generosity of its supportes
-->
generosity of its supporters

Alex smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Yes, this is potentially a good entry. I hope you add a little information about yourself so we can all get to know you a little! Its a very interesting entry and I hope you stay around to complete it. You obviously know how to write in Guide ML, or have tried, so I recommend you have a look at A187229 to see how to make headers where needed.

Once you have corrected the spelling mistakes above, and put in headers where you obviously know they should be, this should be a winner! Well done!

smiley - cheers

Post 6

Smij - Formerly Jimster

And in fact, that's not too much for a sub to cover. Scouts?

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

"rehoused" is OK. The Style Guide says that you only need to use a hyphen with "re" when the other word starts with a vowel. So the subs don't need to change that.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 9

AlexAshman

smiley - applausesmiley - bubbly

Post 10

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Good-O!

TRiG.smiley - bubbly

Post 11

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

smiley - bubbly Congratulations!

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - bubbly

Post 13

Skankyrich [?]

smiley - applause

Post 14

Woodpigeon

smiley - ok Well done! smiley - applause

Key: Complain about this post