A Conversation for The Datsun/Nissan Z Series

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A3508959 - The Datsun/Nissan Z Series

Post 1

Lotus - writing about Nissan/Datsun Zs

Entry: The Datsun/Nissan Z Series - A3508959
Author: Lotus - U225566

I'm working on this right now, hopefully to be eventually added to the Transportation section of the Guide in the future.

A3508959 - The Datsun/Nissan Z Series

Post 2

Anybody out there?

Suggestions?

This place is collecting dust... and quite a bit...

Post 3

broelan

Unfortunately, sometimes that's the way it is around here. The narrowness of your chosen topic may have a lot to do with your lack of response. That does NOT mean that your subject is unworthy, just that there is a distinct lack of authorities on the subject.

For instance:
smiley - starNearly everyone knows something about cars.
smiley - starA (probably comparatively small) percentage of those people will know something about Nissans and (an even smaller percentage) Datsuns.
smiley - starOf the ones that know about Nissans/have heard of Datsuns, in the scope of this one website there may only be one or two that are familiar enough with the Z models to be of any assistance whatsoever, and they may be off in an RPG area of the site and completely oblivious to the solid matter that is the Guide, and the Collaborative Workshop.

Don't lose hope, though. It's always possible that the world's leading expert on Datsun Z's will register with us tomorrow. In the meantime it may take longer for you to do your own research, but having enough interest to start a project you may just have enough information to cobble an entry together. You can submit a partially finished entry to the Writing Workshop, and reviewers there can tell you what they think it needs so you'll know what to look for. Keep in mind, though, that none of the review forums get the kind of traffic that Peer Review does, and it may take awhile to get a response in the WW as well.

If I had any credible information on your subject to share, I would; but the best I can tell you right now is to keep at it. It also helps to advertise your efforts - if you're in a conversation with people who might take an interest in your subject, invite them over. Putting a tag in your username (like Lotus - writing about Nissan/Datsun Z's) will catch attention wherever you post onsite, too, and people you don't even talk to will see it and may have something to add.

Good luck smiley - goodluck

Post 4

All very sound advice.

In the mean time, I suppose I'll just keep working on it. smiley - winkeye

Was new to this sort of thing anyway.

Cheers.

Post 5

ironlizard

1979-1981 280Z (Datsun)
1981-1983 280ZX (Datsun, and later Datsun by Nissan)

Unfortunately, this isn't quite correct. The 280Z ended production in '78 where it was replaced with the 280ZX(79-83). Otherwise, great start.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more