This is the Message Centre for chorlton

snow

Post 61

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, it's probably because of the rind I never liked it smiley - smiley

snow

Post 62

Jemstone

Well B'Elana, I have been known to pick the rind out before eating marmalade on toast! Ooh, and just to continue the funny food, or funny WITH food conversation, I pick the raisins/sultanas out of scones and tea caked too (tee hee). I'm convined I was injured by fruit pieces as a child smiley - tongueout

snow

Post 63

Jemstone

Sorry, spelling has gone to hell - had a bad day!

snow

Post 64

aka Bel - A87832164

My typing has never been perfect, so don't worry smiley - smiley
No problems with raisins in bread or cake, but I despise them when cooked smiley - yuk

snow

Post 65

chorlton

I could eat handfulls of raisins! I love the peel in marmalade but if there's candied peel in fruit cake I have to pick it out. I'm actually scared of peaches smiley - yikes I can't bear to even see one smiley - yuk it's the skin. Maybe I was scared by one as a child too Jem!

Off to watch Dragons Den, see you later

c x

snow

Post 66

aka Bel - A87832164

I can eat dry raisins, or raisins in bakery products, just not boiled raisins. And I hate the skin of peaches ( apricots come very near it, too), but I love nectarines - peaches with a skin like an apple.
See you later chorlton smiley - towel

snow

Post 67

Shhhhh

Why on earth would asnyone boil a raisin? smiley - yikes

Sounds suspiciously like a deranged chef that one does smiley - erm

snow

Post 68

Jemstone

Scared of peaches Chorlton?! I can imagine how the skin freaks you out though. And there was me thinking I was odd! Definitely something scared the hell out of us in our childhoods fruitwise! I'll have to ask my Mum smiley - winkeye

snow

Post 69

chorlton

I've always been really nervous of balloons and it wasn't til my eldest was about two and my mum saw her with one. Mum jumped up and took it off of her and said that if it popped Min might swallow a bit of the rubber and choke! See I was scared for life! That doesn't explain peaces or escalators though smiley - erm

c x

snow

Post 70

Shhhhh

So how about the shops that advertise shirts made with a "peach skin" fabric smiley - winkeyesmiley - erm

snow

Post 71

chorlton

smiley - yuk I couldn't think of anything worse, except maybe biting wet wooly gloves smiley - run

snow

Post 72

Shhhhh

Ewwwwwww - horrible for sure - takes me back to me childhood!! smiley - rofl

snow

Post 73

chorlton

Did you have to eat a lot of gloves shhh?

snow

Post 74

Shhhhh

the gloves went wrong when they started making them from synthetic fabrics!!! smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for chorlton

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more