A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Oscar coverage

Post 1

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

For the last couple of years my friends and I have taken the next day off work so we can watch the Academy Awards ceremony, and have a bit of a sweepstake, etc.
This year I have booked Monday off, but they are all not interested, including the only one who has Sky TV. That means I will be on my own, with no access to the only official broadcaster.
Now, in past years we did *not* surf around for illegal live streams, which kept getting shut down, until we were *not* left with a web-cam in someone's lounge pointed at the TV screen, occasionally interrupted by somewhat shrill protestations from the camera owner because people were bitching at her through the chat feature attached to the feed. I am keen to avoid this unsatisfactory *imaginary* scenario again.
Ideally, some kind of live commentary would be in order, of the kind I know how to find for sporting events, e.g. http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-france-2011/stage-1/live-report
I get the impression this is the kind of thing Twitter is good for, so I might consider signing up for it on that basis, but I wouldn't know where to start with finding a reliable commentary and, besides, I'd rather not have to bother. Can anybody help?

Oscar coverage

Post 2

Icy North

Have you tried contacting Sky?

Oscar coverage

Post 3

sprout

Or just cancelling your day off work? What might be fun with friends sounds mighty dull on your own.

sprout

Oscar coverage

Post 4

Hoovooloo

The Guardian newspaper live blogs bloody soap opera episodes, so I'd bet folding money there'll be an "as it happens" live blog on their website on the night.

Oscar coverage

Post 5

You can call me TC

I'd give up and go to work, too. Not much fun if you can't follow it on TV - watching people's faces and watching them stumble up and down the steps.

Key: Complain about this post