A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What have you previously disliked and since grown to love?

Post 21

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Tis an interesting question. Nothing stands out in my mind.

I didn't enjoy the original The Prisoner as a child, confused the heck out of me. But, I think that's more about being too young to appreciate it.

Though going the other way from loving something toward disliking it, playing top in an m,m situation, for the right guy I could probably still enjoy being bottom. But I'm, almost straight these days.
Or being the masochist in a situation. I could still enjoy applying a Violet Wand or hot candle wax to someone that would enjoy it. But beyond a healthy pleasure at being bitten there's not much about pain that appeals these days.

Post 22

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Anal recipies? smiley - ermsmiley - whistle

Post 23

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Actually...scratch Delia. I's probably more of a job for Heston Blumenthal. Just keep him away from flammable foams. smiley - wah

Post 24

Laura

Spinach, I think it was cooking it properly instead of the terror my mother used to inflict on it that changed my mind

Post 25

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Silence. I used to hate it, found it oppressive and rarely sought it out. Always had the radio/tv on for background noise. These days, a bit of peace and quiet is such a rarity in my life that any opportunity to hear nothing at all is grabbed with both hands.

Post 26

Menthol Penguin - Currently revising/editing my book

Not that much really. I can think of some stuff that would fit if the question was the opposite way round. I can also think of things that I was fairly neutral about and then grew to like more.

Of course having said this I'll be back in five minutes with a complete list!smiley - biggrin

Post 27

fords - number 1 all over heaven

There are lots of examples I could give based on stuff I just didn't appreciate when I was younger, but something I did genuinely dislike for many years was coffee. One day at uni I ordered a coffeechoc instead of a hot chocolate by accident from a vending machine, drank it, went "euurrrghhh...actually this isn't bad" and now I practically live on the stuff smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post