A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What 's your favourite Eastender character?

Post 1

Mauritania

Alright this maybe a stupid question but I have a feeling if everyone guessess what I think they'll guess, it may prove something!

Post 2

Midnight Angel (ACE / G~A / GODDESS)

oo definatly Alfi Moonsmiley - biggrin

Post 3

Delenn

Nana Moon! She's great.

Post 4

Jimbob - Got a Favourite Band? Tell Us All About It at A2464355

Whichever one is dying in a painful and unpleasant way at any given moment. smiley - yawn Eastenders bores me.

Sorry, probably not what you were after but I felt I should register my feelings.

Post 5

yeh NANA is great too..

Post 6

Mauritania

Well I thought it would be Ian Beale for some strange reason, well you proved me wrong in fuve minutes!

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

Jimbob, nearly, the better ones are actually deceased and are better as they no longer get screen time. Well, except the ones that die, get buried and then inexplicably turn up when they run out of ideas.

Post 8

Delenn

Why, out of curiousity, did you think it would be Ian?

Post 9

Ian does my head in hes so pig headedsmiley - grr
You also have to love Den now hes backsmiley - smiley

Post 10

Star Fleet...

sharon smiley - biggrin

Post 11

Ictoan: Good point, well made. They're all awful, but at least you don't have to see the ones that have already passed on. The ones that are dying are milked for all the syrupy sentimentality the makers can manage.

smiley - grrsmiley - yawn

I would like to know what others see in it, I suppose, just in case I've missed something...

Post 12

Lady in a tree

My favourite is Billy...just because every line he has these days is nearly always followed by "Not now Billy."

It's become a bit of a catchphrase in our house if you are in the middle of something and someone wants something done!

Eastenders is an escape to a land that I shall never visit (I hope) and as such is just lighthearted smiley - erm fun for me. I don't take it seriously and I *don't* think it's real.

If you don't like it - don't watch.

Each to their own.

I hate Coronation St - so I don't watch it - therefore I have no comment about it.

smiley - sorry /rant

Post 13

Sorry Lady in Tree, no offence meant. Please ignore my cynicism!smiley - winkeye

Post 14

IctoanAWEWawi

I don;t watch eastenders. Or Corrie, or Emerdale etc etc. In fact I would sooner leave the room if it comes on and someone is watching it.
But as the original post here did not say "What's you favourite Eastenders character - only people who adore eastenders may reply" I felt quite comfortable in adding my opinion, which is none of them. Perfectly valid choice and well within the parameters for this thread.

Post 15

Genie

I'm really not a soap fan either much to the disgust of most of my friends....

My favourite Eastenders character from many moons ago was Simon Wicks (I think that was his name) played by Nick Berry....I used to think he was sooo dishy...(yes I feel completely ashamed to admit that! smiley - blush)

Not having watched it consistantly for years I couldn't comment on the newer people on the square!

Post 16

A Super Furry Animal

Hmmm, my favourite Eastenders character has yet to make an appearance. He's the one who turns up in the square armed with various machine guns, grenades and explosives (in the style of an Arnie film), causes general mayhem in gratuitously violent ways, leaving all the cast dead, and then plants carefully-placed demolition charges all around the square to destroy it totally and utterly.

A man can dream, can't he?

Post 17

Hmmm, looks like I'm not alone in my antipathy.

smiley - cheers chaps...

Post 18

A Super Furry Animal

This character then hops into his humvee and heads North...

Post 19

IctoanAWEWawi

Oh all right. Confession time. I did once find myself following eastenders. Specifically in the lead up to christmas a few years back. The storyline included a sideline about the Pauline and Arfers gas cooker, which was apparently very dodgy. I was sooooo disappointed when they missed the chance to blow it and the rest of albert square up during Pauline's christmas lunch smiley - sadface I'd have thought that was well within the remit of the programme!
Since that disappointment i've never gone back.

Post 20

Teuchter

Dot Cotton - definitely separated at birth from her twin Albert Steptoe.

Key: Complain about this post