A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What would Brian Boitano do?

Post 1

Munchkin

Well? What would he do? And also, who the chuff is he?

Post 2

Queazer

He would probably do a triple salco or something because he looks like some sort of figure skating type person. Who cares. 'The Spirit of Christmas' rules!

Post 3

Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor

He is a figure-skating type person.

Post 4

Munchkin

So, he can't travel throught time then? Damn!

Post 5

I take it you've seen the movie and are/were a bit confused?

Post 6

Munchkin

Confused ... yes, but slightly less embarrased than the girl sitting next to me at the time, as she was heard to loudly scream, "It's the clitoris!"

I would like to point out, that was due to the film, before your wonky minds get going.

"I would like to complain about this friend which I bought from this emporium not half an hour ago." Possibly the only South Park I could have seen ahead of the Americans.

Post 7

That's been released already?! I just heard about it a couple of weeks ago. And I'll probably never get to see it....smiley - sadface

Post 8

Hoovooloo

He'd make a plan and follow through, that's what Brian Boitano'd do!

Post 9

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I think it might be a double Rietberger.

Post 10

Orcus

After 20 years of wracking my brains I still can't think of a witty comment here.

smiley - blue

Post 11

Did anyone else notice the revival of several 20 year old threads over the past week?

Is this on purpose? (or on porpoise?)

Post 12

Orcus

I think Hoovooloo is on a mission - I'm enjoying the extra life it brings here. And with one of these - some real nostalgia.

Post 13

Hoovooloo

I'm not "on a mission" as such. I just noticed Ask seemed quiet a while back, and started scrolling through conversations to find ones I remembered. Then it occurred to me to simply skip to the very very oldest, deadest threads and see if any could stand being commented upon. It's interesting to look back and see what people were talking about.

Consider: When this conversation was last active, the dotcom bubble hadn't burst. Clinton was president. If you put the numbers 9, 1 and 1 in that order, all it meant to anyone was the American emergency telephone number. "Big Brother" was something from 1984. "The Matrix" was the year's big new movie, and we'd just been treated to the first Star Wars prequel.

Post 14

Hoovooloo

Oh yeah - and Douglas Adams was alive.

Post 15

And unicorns were not on the list of soon to be extinct life forms back then.

Key: Complain about this post