This is the Message Centre for Jimi X

24 April, 2004

Post 1

Jimi X

I spent much of the afternoon today with 80-plus senior citizens as they enjoyed a 'Senior Citizens Prom' at our local high school. More than 50 high school students helped see that they had a nice time dancing to old-time records and generally having a good time.

I'm always struck at how great their music was/is. I mean Duke Ellington and Glenn Miller were great musicians/band leaders.

When I'm an old man, what will they play at my senior citizens prom? The Clash? The Ramones? The Village People?!?

Faced with that prospect, I echo the words of The Who:

'Hope I die before I get old...'

24 April, 2004

Post 2

Lady Scott

smiley - groan At least I'm old enough that my Senior Citizen's Prom would include the best tunes from the Beatles, Beach Boys and some Elvis Presley.

24 April, 2004

Post 3

Jimi X

That's some nice music...

Can you imagine a bunch of old people rocking out to Snoop Dogg? smiley - yikes

My mom has a theory that 'oldies' basically only include good old music so I shouldn't worry so much about the Village People. She reckons that by the time I get to be that old, the music will include Elvis, The Beatles, Buddy Holly, etc so it won't be as bad as I think...

Hard to imagine that the poor musical choices I made in the 1980s could come back to haunt me when I'm *in* my 80s. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jimi X

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more