This is the Message Centre for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

an excursion with time travel nah!

Post 1

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I travelled to tomorrow and because I found it boring, I came back to yesterday. Then having realised that I’d been there already, I came back to today. But it wasn’t there, it had gone to tomorrow. Now if I went to tomorrow, would I find the tomorrow that was boring or go two days forward? Which wouldn’t be tomorrow then? Again! If I found that one boring as well and came back, which yesterday or today would I arrive at? While I ponder that one over, I did go back to last week three days ago. I’d had a good sleep on one of those days, so went back to have another good kip. Don’t know if it was due to jetlag or some another influence, but after I got back I was still tired. I’ve marked that one down, so not to go back to it again. There was a good side to it though, I set the freeview recorder to record a program I know will not be repeated, that I’d missed to set recording the day it was being shown, as I was watching a different channel at the time.
I don’t think I’ll bother going forward too far, as the Olympics are due soon and I’ll already be bored with virtually every channel showing the various events, repeats, best of, highlights and the following many discussions of why this and why that and he/she should have.
Looks like I’ll be forgetting that marked off one and just keep going back to last week for 6 month till it’s all over. Thinks I’ll see if anything exciting went off further back maybe, then again! I’ve forgot what I did 2 days ago, so that might have possibilities. Either way, don’t you just get bored to tears with time travel because it’s so repetitious.......

Post 2

Jabberwock

I time travelled just reading your post, prof...it's now ages into the future.

smiley - erm

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I saw that comingsmiley - erm

Post 4

Reality Manipulator

Prof I would like to unwind time and find myself 4 years of age but I know what I know now and best of all my IQ gets increased by at least 100% and I am able to speak any language in the world.smiley - rofl

Post 5

logicus tracticus philosophicus

think you need to add A codicil to "able to speak any language in the world." speak and understand...

Post 6

lapislazuli

Treatment is available and not expensive. Get off that windowsill Prof. you're not wearing the right pumps.smiley - cheers

Post 7

and I thought I could flysmiley - herosmiley - laugh

Post 8

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - headhurts

Post 9

smiley - dohlast week wasn't there ? and as our clocks go forward 1 hour tonight/morning - smiley - dontpanic it'll be around somewhere

Post 10

Jabberwock

Clocks going forward tonight = easy peasy time travel.

smiley - magic

Post 11

smiley - tongueoutsmiley - winkeyethat's only the common versionsmiley - evilgrinfor the massessmiley - laugh

Post 12

ITIWBS

...really not all that difficult, just remember that your progress through time originated in the expansive force of the big bang, that the rate of it has been increasing with passing time under the accelerating model of cosmological expansion, as in a conventional fall; that 'up' is the direction you're falling from (been there already); that 'down' is the direction you're falling toward (coming [all too] soon)...smiley - winkeye

Post 13

ouch! in both past and presentsmiley - biggrin

Post 14

lapislazuli

Clocks going forwards! Are you ingesting the correct hallucinogens? Alice, come back all is forgiven.

Post 15

Jabberwock

From the future: Hi gang!

smiley - magic

[yet also from the past smiley - erm]

Post 16

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I'm in the US. We got here first. smiley - run

Post 17

Jabberwock

Typical...smiley - biggrin

But on a daily/ hourly basis we're in your future all the time!

Post 18

smiley - rofl Don't I know it. Y'all get half a day's work done before I get up. I feel lazy. smiley - envy

Post 19

Researcher 14993127

I don't worry about the past.
I don't worry about the future.
I just deal with the here and now. smiley - whistle

I'd be a carp time traveller wouldn't I? smiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

Post 20

smiley - rofl No, you'd be a good one. You wouldn't get confused.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more