This is the Message Centre for Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 1

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Those of you that (sort of) know me are aware that I play a *lot* of games. Console games, Farcebook Games, board games (occasionally)

So what am I doing today?

Trying to kill RAAM on insane in Gears of War. The first one.

I don't usually go for the hardest setting on games, I'm more of a casual player, but when I had to change rental game supplier one of the first games we got was Gears of War - Judgement. I'd tried playing the third game with my youngest son, but he soon lost interest, because I was bascially *rubbish* at it and kept dying and he just steams in and was too far away from me to revive me. Judgement was played with the ever patient hubby. We started it on normal, like yer do, and I really rather enjoyed it. So after we'd finished we tried Insane difficulty. The beauty of that was that *I* could play the game on casual (easy peasy, beginner) and hubby could play on Insane (he couldn't get downed *at all*). Finished it, 1000g'd it smiley - cool The only problem was that there was an 'add-on' and in order to play that I had to finish 3 with my son (so we could follow the story) we managed it quite happily, mind, even though it had been over a year since we last played it, and the whole 'hubby on insane, Mags on casua'l could begin again.

Major problem with the first one is that you can't do that. *Both* of you have to play on insane and RAAM is really, really *really* hard.

I've totally lost count of the number of times I've stood waiting for the ammo crates to reappear after we've restarted.

Army of Two is calling me...

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 2

pebblederook-The old guy wearing surfer beads- what does he think he looks like?

smiley - peacesign

I am just lousy at gaming. I play granny mode and still never get to the end.

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 3

I've got *so* many games that I need to finish. I think it'll be about 2015 before I even need to think about getting either an Xbox One or PS4 smiley - silly

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

I've not played games on the PC for years (I used to do a lot of t the text adventure ones...) they just eat too much time up smiley - blush

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

I have never ever played a console game or a game on a PC. And while I'm sure that you are all talking English, I can't understand a word.

But carry on, you seem to be having fun smiley - smiley

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 6

Researcher 14993127

smiley - frogsmiley - space reddit smiley - spacesmiley - biggrin

smiley - cat

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 7

You understand the words, just not the order they're written in, eh Sho?smiley - winkeye

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 8

ordering words correctly is so* overrated... smiley - winkeyesmiley - doh

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 9

Sho - employed again!

spot on, Magwitch smiley - smiley

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 10

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I love playing games but then I get to a hard bit and stop for a while...
then a while turns into so long I've forgotten what I was doing...
then I have to start the game again as I've no idea what the controls even are and oh isn't it easy this time.... till it isn't smiley - wah

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 11

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh You know, I haven't played much in several years. Reason: I got played out when I worked as a gamemaster.

Also, the appeal of shooting and bashing is somewhat lost upon the likes of me. My hand/eye coordination is terrible, and my coworkers used to mock me. smiley - winkeye

I am still waiting for somebody to pick up my suggestion that what the world needs is a Regency Romance MMO. Sort of Jane Austen Meets Conan the Barbarian, you know what I mean?

I want to see a 'swoon' button on the GUI. smiley - whistle

But hearing about your online adventures will be fun. smiley - biggrin

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 12

FWR

You obviously have a lot more patience than me, get frustrated when they get too hard! But I'm a wiz at pet rescue!smiley - winkeye

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 13

pebblederook-The old guy wearing surfer beads- what does he think he looks like?

Regency Romance? If you ever sell that idea I demand you let me know. Elizabeth Bennett (Ctrl-Page up-Insert.)
smiley - drool

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

haha how about Pride & Prejudice & Zombies as a game?

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 15

Inspired. But first the movie then the game. Remember me when you are rich and famous

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

it's a book already, not my idea (unfortunately)

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 17

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' is, alas, already a book. smiley - rofl

But nobody's tried combining, say, Beau Brummell and space aliens. Or have they? smiley - bigeyes

See, the UFOs kidnap Prinnie, and Beau enlists the help of everybody at Almack's to rescue the future monarch...smiley - pony

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 18

Wait untill the NaJoPoMo is over and then Paulh, the thinker and myself may be able to make something of this smiley - smiley

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 19

ooo... will it be a musical too? (the Pride and predjuice zombie version that is?) smiley - coolsmiley - musicalnote

NaJoPoMo - Mags

Post 20

Do Popes sh*t in the woods?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more