This is the Message Centre for The Sundance Kid(Captain of the Good Ship Necromancer)If Life Gives You Manure, Use it to Fertilize your Garden

Sir Lancelot's Dream a Poem

Post 1

The Sundance Kid(Captain of the Good Ship Necromancer)If Life Gives You Manure, Use it to Fertilize your Garden

Sir Lacelot's Dream

Out in the night darkness and gloom. Inward the silence like that of a tomb. Out in the gloom what did appear but a creature of darkness that knows no fear.
Like a shot in the dark, a scream in the night. A fearful young lady half dead from fright. You rise to the occassion, cause you were'nt playin. Like a Knight from past, you rush to arms to save the young lass.
You reach out in the night whilst you were in flight, but all you can find is your trusty old knife. Of course it was a Buck but that was no luck because it was'nt sharp.
So you had more balls than you did brains, and you ran thru the night in hopes to maim the unearthly creature which had dropped in from last nights late feature.
A ring on the phone which brought to end your escapades with your creature friend. A young lady to ask, where the hell have you been it would seem that you left her in quite a jam. When you failed to pick her up from work. You hung up the phone as she called you a jerk.

Written by : Donald Gene FitzGerald. That's Me smiley - smiley

Written : 1984

Post 2

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

LOL. Clever!!!

I like that you use the second person ("you"). That was something that one of our class' guest poets suggested we try in our writing. I've much forgot about it til now. Think I'll revisit the idea... HERRRRRMMMM....

smiley - smiley

Kinda hard to get accustomed to the modern references when you introduce them, because I'm thinking of renaissance times. How attached are you to your title!?? Sometimes changing the title helps!!!

I had to come up with a title to help my readers with a poem I wrote this semester. I wanted the poem itself to be vauge, but I don't like to know my readers have to work a lot when they read me. That's just me. Every author's different. smiley - smiley

Thanks for letting me know about your poem!!!

Post 3

The Sundance Kid(Captain of the Good Ship Necromancer)If Life Gives You Manure, Use it to Fertilize your Garden

Thank you for reading it. The quick transition was nessessary as Dude was dreaming. I don't know about a change in title. What would I call it? Any ideas?

Post 4

Herrrrmmm.... I'll think on it... Would you be comfortable taking your poem to Hootoo's Alternative Writing Workshop!?? http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/RF5

They'd be great help.

Something that might help you come up with a title is freewriting-- I'm a bit promoter of it!!!-- you just make yourself write without stopping for ten or fifteen minutes. Even if you have to write, "Blah blah blah and Dragonfly's insane for making me do this silly task!!!!" in order to keep on without stopping, the process helps almost everyone.

Let me know if you take this to the AWW, and I'll try to get there to work on it, too. smiley - smiley

Post 5

Sounds like a plan, but not today. I worked all night and I'm pretty tired right now. Hey have you heard of Get Writing? It's asister site of h2g2. It's pretty good they have tools for writing and they can help you or me as it was get published. Sir Lancelot's Dream is already published in a book of poems. I entered it into a online contest. It's a semifinalist and could win the grand prize of $10'000 Thar would be nice if it did.smiley - smiley Hey I also have another poem called Ugly Americans. It could use some work as well.

Post 6

smiley - erm .... darling, did the publishers ask you to buy a copy of the book you're published in!??

Post 7

Yeah but it was'nt a reqirement. I know it was'nt the brightest thing to do. Still I have all rights to it.

Post 8

Roight.... but.... dearheart.... be careful of publications like that. smiley - erm You should never, I hate to say it, be asked to pay for money in the world of publishing (unless you've an agent, who should get paid only when s/he sells your work).

Post 9

From now on I'm going to listen to your wise concil D'fly. Thanks for the advise. Hey if you like look at my poem "Ugly Americans" and tell me yours thoughts on it. Please. I beeen ding to have someone look at them. Well a few people on Get Writing have. Not many on h2g2 have though.

Post 10

Hey D'fly how do I get to the part on AWW where I can type for 10 or 15 minutes or so. I posted my poem on it so if you want you can have at it.

Hey I got a raiseat work! YAY like you say. Yep this high. nah it was money and I needed it.

Post 11

YAY!!!... Congrats, congrats, and congrats!!!

Post 12

Thank You thank you thank you. So how do I do the 15 minute writing thing? Hmmmmmm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Sundance Kid(Captain of the Good Ship Necromancer)If Life Gives You Manure, Use it to Fertilize your Garden

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more