A Conversation for How To View An Eclipse

Anyone know a good way to stay alive until 2090?

Post 1

Woodpigeon

The weather was just dreadful where I was... Missed the whole darn thing....

Post 2

Woodpigeon

Oh yeah, and was it just my computer, or did all the Eclipse websites on the planet crash simulaneously yesterday?

Post 3

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Wasn't watching them.
Instead of being miserable staying alive for the next 100 years just go to Zimbabwe or Mozambique in 2001 for the next solar eclipse

Post 4

Researcher 53239

Yeah why bother hanging around for almost a hundred years watching an eclipse from a wheel-chair (your probably blind by the time as well)? As sugested you can go to the southern parts of Africa in 2001. However if you are not even that
patient you can rent yourself a cruiseship and head on to the Pacific ocean already in December this year.

Post 5

Paulus

Want to be around in 2090? You could always pickle yourself in a large vat of vodka!

Post 6

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Or Cryogenically freeze yourself

Post 7

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

You can always go to Isreal in 2006, which is where I'm going, but there will be a partial eclipse here in the UK in 2003. There's also a total eclipse of the moon also here in the UK on 21st January 2000, if it's not cloudy, that is.
BTW, where's this eclipse in the Pacific Ocean in December this year? I'm interested!

Post 8

Researcher 93445

Should be able to download yourself into silicon neurons well before then. Who needs all this pesky biology anyhow?

Post 9

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

You wanna see a map of where eclipses are until 2020?
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/eclipse.html

Post 10

Researcher 93445

Hm, looks like I need to hold on till 2017 to have any reasonable chance. Might make it smiley - smiley

Post 11

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Ahhhh, from the U.S.A are we? That's cool. What's going on in Buffy the Vampire Slayer at the moment, or the X Files? I hear you lot seem to get to see these things way before us sad U.K. people do smiley - winkeye

Post 12

Researcher 93445

Yep, another damned Yank (Washington state, actually).

I'm afraid I won't be much help on those shows, though. To the best of my knowledge I have never actually seen an episode of either one of them. I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud. smiley - smiley

Post 13

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Hang on....I've just realised, if you were in the States, what are you doing talking about an eclipse that never went anywhere near you? Unless were you here in cloudy U.K.

Ahh, what shows do you watch? Just tell me what happens in ER so I can talk to my friend, as she is so bonkers on the show, which I saw 1 minute of , and it was enough to tell me how depressing it is. smiley - smiley

Post 14

Woodpigeon

Cool - thanks. It looks like I better start reading up my Turkish phrase book for 2006!

CR

Post 15

Researcher 93445

Heh, some of us will talk about ANYTHING, you know. Especially if it's an excuse to avoid work.

As to what shows I watch...none. Is it so strange to not be interested in televised drama? I'd rather curl up with a good book. We own a TV now (I've lived for several years of my life without one), but about all I ever watch is stuff on the History Channel and the occasional bit of news.

Post 16

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Ahh, so yet another excellent person who's not from the sad U.K. Turkey is your home I guess? Hang on, if that's the case, then surely you don't need to learn the language.....

ffmike:good 4 you that you don't watch telly too much...Ihave to admit that too much of the stuff gives me a headache as well, but it's also my escape from reality, which is sometimes a little too depressing for me.

Post 17

Researcher 93445

Hm, hope I didn't come across as condemning TV. It just doesn't do much for me. I can always escape reality through a book, or on the net, or even just by having flashbacks smiley - smiley

Post 18

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

I used to be really into books. Twice, when I was 4 and 9, I remember being so deeply engrosed in a book that I was left alone in the classroom as everyone went off to lunch. Both times. I looked up just in time to see everyone going out of the classroom. It realy was deja vu,as the two scenes looked exactly the same, but in different classrooms/buildings. Spooky?!

Key: Complain about this post