This is the Message Centre for Midwestrocker

Hello Midwestrocker...

Post 1

broelan

Welcome to h2g2! I'm broelan, one of the Aces, whose job it is to meet new users and help them get aquainted with the guide.

I was beginning to wonder how you figured Georgia to be Midwest, but then I read the rest of your intro smiley - ok. I've never been to Minnesota, but you could say I spend a great deal of time in Missouri smiley - winkeye.

I saw that you wrote a great piece on your hometown! While it's in Peer Review it will receive comments from other users, some with suggestions on how they think it can be improved. Once it gets through Peer Review it can be picked by a Scout, polished up by a <./>SubEditor</.>, and eventually featured on the <./>FrontPage</.>. One of the places you might like to visit is the h2g2 Geographical Institute (A1286886), a group of researchers who have had hometown entries edited and have an idea of what makes a great 'location' entry.

There are loads of things to do here in the Guide, writing entries is just one of them. Our weekly 'paper', <./>ThePost</.> comes out on Thursdays, there's always fun stuff there. There are regional researchers groups, the Southeast US group (including Georgia) is at A583760, the Central US group (including Minnesota) is at A595163.

If you have any questions or need anything else, just ask! In the meantime, have a cuppa smiley - tea and enjoy wandering around the site smiley - biggrin

broe

Key: Complain about this post

Hello Midwestrocker...

More Conversations for Midwestrocker

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more