A Conversation for The Liver and its Diseases

Liver

Post 1

Big Ben

Do NOT eat polar bears liver. It apparently contains toxic levels of one of the vitamins (i've forgotten which).

Liver

Post 2

47318 - I am a number not a free man

On the other hand, gently sauteed calves liver is divine, and should be eaten in great quantities whenever possible!

This is not to be confused with the slabs of shoe leather we were all served during school dinners!!

AndyF

Liver

Post 3

Pedagogue

It's vitamin A

Liver

Post 4

Big Ben

Thanks. Nothing else to add?

Liver

Post 5

Rickshaw Splat

Where can you buy Polar bears liver anyway?

Liver

Post 6

Jimi X

Don't eat any type of liver! This organ is the filter of the body. Anything gross or potentially harmful to the animal (lawn chemicals, DDT, radioactive pellets, etc.) ends up in the liver. I may be silly, but eating a bunch of chemicals neatly packaged in an animal's body part and smothered with onions seems like a very, very bad idea!

Liver

Post 7

Pedagogue

No, not really

Liver

Post 8

Pedagogue

The liver gets rid of these nasty things, it dosn't act as some internal land fill for all that's awful. Maybe that makes it the only safe thing to eat(apart from the polar bears of course) or maybe the consumption of animals irrespective of their wishes and against the ecological need of the planet is irresponsible arrogance - or maybe I'm a pious git....who knows?

Liver

Post 9

Big Ben

AtIceland of course!

Liver

Post 10

Warlock Cat of the Feline Mercenary Army.

If you're daft enough to ask a polar bear for its liver, just because you forgot your packed lunch of oxtail soup and pigs trotters you deserve all you get.
smiley - blackcat

Liver

Post 11

glutenfreetuna

What a bizarre attitude! Just because the liver (and the kidney) are responsible for eliminating xenobiotics, it does not mean they store them! In fact the fat is the place where toxins tend to persist. It just goes to show how a little knowledge is dangerous!

Liver

Post 12

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

plese glutenfreetuna, try and be respectful to other reserchers and we will try and be respectful to you

Liver

Post 13

glutenfreetuna

Really? That hasn't been my experience. You are maintaining the status quo - simple as that.

Key: Complain about this post