This is the Message Centre for evan_elpuss

Good evening

Post 1

U643499

Hi you !

I think I can remember a while ago you mentioning flying at Popham. Is that Notts ? Only we used to live in Nottingham and went to the airfield more years ago than I care to remember.

Did you see Concorde's final flight ? I did; another moment in history.

Jen

Good evening

Post 2

evan_elpuss

Hello Jen,

The Popham airfield I go to is in Hampshire. By the A303 road between Basingstoke & Andover. M3 jct 8. Would the airfield you remember in Nottingham be Tollerton?

I didn't go to Heathrow to see Concorde's last flights land but I did see one of them fly past from my back garden.

Kind regards

Lord Evan Elpuss

Good evening

Post 3

U643499

Yes, I am getting confused ! It's Tollerton I was thinking of.

We saw Concorde when she made her last flight into Bristol. It was a cold and wet morning, but just as she flew past the sun came out. Marvellous.

Jen

Good evening

Post 4

evan_elpuss

Hello Jen,

Talk about good timing, Bet it seemed like someone switched the sun on at just the right moment.

I still remember the excitement in the school playground when I first saw Concorde. It was one of the prototypes which was appearing at the 1970 Farnborough air show. For so many years, Concorde was part of that airshow. I went to the last one in 2002 and there was no Concorde present. Not even on the public days. It did seem as if something was missing.

Lord Evan Elpuss

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for evan_elpuss

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more