This is the Message Centre for Sister Peta Yikes of the Serene Order of Moderated Researchers

Hello Aces!

Post 1

Sister Peta Yikes of the Serene Order of Moderated Researchers

Thanks for dropping by. This is just a role-playing character for an established researcher.

Hello Aces!

Post 2

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

righto..........smiley - run

Hello Aces!

Post 3

Peta

And it's not me - just in case you wondered... smiley - winkeye

Hello Aces!

Post 4

I was beginning to wonder smiley - laugh

Hello Aces!

Post 5

Peta

I hope he's not doing anything awful! smiley - smiley

Hello Aces!

Post 6

You'll have to infiltrate and have a look smiley - bigeyes

Hello Aces!

Post 7

Peta

I can't see any conversations listed, which is all a bit worrying...

He could be doing *anything*! smiley - yikes

Hello Aces!

Post 8

Peta

Any, er, hints? smiley - smiley

Hello Aces!

Post 9

I think it's your femanine side coming out of you Peta.....smiley - evilgrin

Hello Aces!

Post 10

Peta

Well I'm definitely female - so that's okay, but I hope he's making me mean, sarcastic and evil - It'd be awful if I came across myself acting like a drippy female wearing a pastel coloured pashmina... smiley - yuk

Hello Aces!

Post 11

smiley - laugh and I thought you were male!!! smiley - sorrysmiley - hug

There's quite a few of these set up.....took me for ever to clear the list last night and this morning......just waiting for the ACE's statistics page to be updated to see if there are any others that I've missed......

pastel coloured pashmina - dare you at the next meet you go to! smiley - rofl

Hello Aces!

Post 12

Sister Peta Yikes of the Serene Order of Moderated Researchers

Hi Peta and Vicki,

Have no fear, we will treat you gently. smiley - smiley

The adventure we are on is one that takes place in a future h2g2 (I'll give links in a minute). At the moment we are setting something up for future use, so it is a secret (shhhhh!)

In the future h2g2, things are quite different. The place is ruled by a character who was originally a one-off joke in another adventure. I won't say who, since this conversation will be read by the other players at a point before the identity of The One is revealed. But he is evil and is also at war with the denizens of the Temple of the Guide. In the Temple are various orders of sisters and Monks, including you, Peta, along with:

Father Semple of the Temple, Keeper of the Holy Albatross.

Thing Thom Thing-Thimple of the Holy Society of Thingites, High Thing of Thingy.

Rabbi Abbi, Seeker of the Lost Tribe of Digiboxers.

Ayatollah Mark of the Sect of the Moxonites.

Friar Jim of the Order of Poor Lynnites, Defender of the Code.

Brother James of the Holy Order of Sangstinians, Guardian of the Sacred Word.

The accounts for Father Semple, Thing Thom Thing-Thimple and Ayatollah Mark have all been created and the others are coming soon. The page for the temple itself is here: A2340929 (it is currently being worked on, but is in pretty good shape).

The creators of all of this try for the maximum ammount of humour. We go for lots of slapstick and don't make jokes at other people's expense. In other words, our jokes are harmless and you have nothing to fear - we won't make any personal jabs.

We expect that the various orders will argue among themselves about trivial things. I was just coming to make a post by Sister Peta about the way the Moxonites hang the toilet paper rolls when it is their turn for latrine duty - they have the paper come off the bottom of the roll instead of the top.

Here is a link to the main adventure thread. F32669?thread=63632 The thread actually started 4 years ago as another adventure which petered out when a couple of the researchers left h2g2. The current adventure popped into the same thread and is ongoing. So far, the adventurers have successfully fought off an attack by Gobolds (the puppetmasters responsible for the various Holy Orders also created accounts for 7 Gobolds who fought to the death in the most humourous ways we could think of) and they will have to face some other characters we have created as they pass through the Mines on their way to the Temple. We have created a page for the Mines, too: A2301076

Anyway, it's really cool that you found this page, Peta. Hope you'll follow the exploits of your future self. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sister Peta Yikes of the Serene Order of Moderated Researchers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more