A Conversation for TGR: Jan-June 1999

A964 Tourists

Post 1

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Seems this one is right up my street - I don't have time this second, but should prob get round to it this evening

Lanzababy.

A964 Tourists

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

The Entry on Tourists was updated by Gnomon in 2007. All the links are spot on. smiley - smiley

The only thing I would like to do with this is write a small paragraph on eco-tourism - if I can write in similar vein to the original smiley - tongueincheek Entry. I'll have a go.

Oh and I would also like to add a reciprocal link to A54413615 'How to Enjoy a Beach Holiday'

smiley - zensmiley - elf

A964 Tourists

Post 3

The Guide Revised

Okay, give it a go and keep us posted! smiley - goodluck Shout if you need a hand.

smiley - fairy

A964 Tourists

Post 4

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Hi Vip and everyone!

If you have a moment can you read this bit? I also want to ask Gnomon for his opinion, as he was the last person to update the Tourists Entry.

If it passes your inspection, I can put it into GuideML and send it to Danny ( is that how you think we should do it btw )

<<>>>>

Links to be added:

http://www.ecotourism.org/site/c.orLQKXPCLmF/b.4832143/k.BD87/Home.htm = International Ecotourism

A197499 : Global Warming

A54413615 : How to Enjoy a Beach Holiday.

A964 Tourists

Post 5

I'm not really here

"about visiting the Galapagos or some other virgin territory, please do so by sailing yacht and try not to scare the wildlife"

I don't know what this means.

And growing up, a 'staycation' was when we stayed at home and had days out because we couldn't afford a holiday!

A964 Tourists

Post 6

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

thanks Mina

I meant that you shouldn't use fossil fuel to get there, nor disturb the animals. smiley - erm I was looking at a website where you could do just that - - visit the Galapagos that is - for only $6,500 dollars per person for a few nights smiley - yikes

I'll add the bit about what a staycation used to mean smiley - ok

A964 Tourists

Post 7

I'm not really here

Ah, I get it! I read it as sailing as a verb! I misread it. smiley - doh

A964 Tourists

Post 8

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

That's okay! I did wonder. . .

smiley - donut?

A964 Tourists

Post 9

The Guide Revised

I mis-read it as a verb too. I thought you meant 'sailing a yacht', as yacht tends to imply it has a sail. smiley - smiley

I believe that staycation means stay at home (and thereby save on accomodation) and visit local attractions as if one were a tourist. It's less to do with carbon footprint and more to do with money!

There has been a rise in holidays taken in one's home country, but that's different to a staycation.

smiley - fairy

A964 Tourists

Post 10

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Your comments have been taken onboard, and revisions sent to EF.

smiley - zensmiley - ta

Key: Complain about this post