A Conversation for Taking Children Skiing

Peer Review: A2171774 - Taking Children Skiing

Post 1

Motz

Entry: Taking Children Skiing - A2171774
Author: Researcher 221274 - U221274

Hi

This is my first guide entry - can't get to grips with guidemtl or whatever - so did it in plain text. Obvioudly it mentions our business but it is hopefully informative too?

A2171774 - Taking Children Skiing

Post 2

frenchbean

Hello there 221274 smiley - smiley

This looks an excellent first go and a good basis for an entry, but there are a couple of things you'll need to take care of for it to be accepted.

smiley - star Guide entries should be written in the 3rd person, so all the and s need to go.

smiley - star Commercial advertising isn't encouraged on H2G2.

smiley - star Having said that, it's an informative and well-structured entry.

smiley - star I suggest that you have a look at the Writing Guidelines on A53209 (just double click on that link) which will give you more info about what's okay and not okay for these entries.

smiley - star GuideML is detailed on A264520 and I reckon if I can get to grips with it, anybody can! But don't worry too much, because if your entry is recommended for the Guide, a sub-editor will come along and convert it. If you want to keep on their good side, it's worth giving GuideML a shot! smiley - biggrin

The first one is definitely the hardest and it does get easier - honest smiley - smiley

I shan't comment on the content just now. There'll be others who'll come along I sure.

smiley - cheers
F/b

Post 3

Whisky

smiley - erm Nice start, but as previously said, probably needs to have the company references toned down (The bbc isn't allowed to advertise)

The other thing is that your section on medicines and children, whilst it may be valid for your company a great number of creches and garderies in French ski resorts will refuse to give medicines to a child (and in fact will refuse to take a child in need of medication) - usually for insurance reasons.

Post 4

Pimms

Sorry I missed your entry smiley - sadface - currently hidden, I guess because of the need to remove 'advertising'.

Hope your Alpine idyll is less traumatic than the impression I got from a 'No going back' programme which covered someone else's move to set up a catered chalet.

Have you had a less impersonal nickname? It is hard to warm to researcher 423455234 or whatever. (If you haven't changed the nickname before it is alterable by choosing 'preferences')

Pimms smiley - ski
(going skiing with my family in a month)

Post 5

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Pity I've not had chance to see this entry - I've a little 'un. If you take out the offending link (if that is what it was) the entry should re-appear and you'll get feedback on it.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 6

Motz

Hi

Thanks for the message - and you'll notice the change in nickname too, thanks for that.

Yes the posting was removed as I mentioned not only our operation but also a few other useful addresses where you can get cheap kids ski clothes, that sort of thing . Oh well I'll have to re-edit and try again.

Not had much time recently to write entries as we are currently well underway for the winter season.

If you wanted to see what we do, add the usual www and .co.uk bits to 360sunandski!

Cheers

Post 7

Motz

Hi

Thanks for the message - yes I had put a link in - silly me.

If you wanted to find out what we do, 360sunandski is the company name, just add the usual front and back ends (.co.uk) How old is your little'un? Ours are 6 and 9 and have a great time in the snow - school lessons include skiing - which I had had that chance!

Cheers

Post 8

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

He's 8 and never been skiing. Mind you, I haven't been since I was 12. Skiing as part of normal classes sounds great. Where do you live at present?

I've only had an entry moderated once or twice and that was about 2 years ago, so I can't remember the procedure for getting it back. I think that once you have amended it that *you* can put it back - but it is still hidden at the moment. If you can't get it back, I can ask how you can do it.

Let me know. smiley - smiley

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Post 9

Motz

We live in a mountain village called Les Carroz which is in the Haute Savoie region in the French Alps. The village has a local population of about 1500 but in the peak weeks of February it swells to over 25,000 - us locals hate it, although business is business!

I'll have a stab at changing the entry - it sounds easy enough that even I could do it!
smiley - smiley

Post 10

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Still working on this one?

smiley - mouse

Post 11

Motz

Hi

Yes - still working on it but very, very slowly - well actually I have put it to one side, but am thinking about it a lot, well I am am a bit when I am not actually doing the childcare thing as part of the business or skiing that is, or cooking, or walking around sniffing the mlountain air, but I will defintiely get around to it within the next period of time, and really make a good job of it, defintely, oh yes without a doubt - but it is at least visible now if not HTML'd.

Err thanks for checking.......

Post 12

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

As our colleague Motz has been gone for some months now, how would people feel about moving this one over to the Flea Market? Seems like one of those where even the idea might be enough to spark someone else.

smiley - mouse

Post 13

U168592

Yoink! smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post