This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Spring Meet, London 2008 ....

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

... The one you have all been waiting for! smiley - diva

Yes, I know I'm late again.. but I've had a lot of trouble keeping my eyes open smiley - sleepy

If it wasn't for the wheelchair, I would say: 'You ran my likkul legs off me'! smiley - doh

Friday...

Woke early, sorted out the cats and ensured we had everything packed... I did once go away with just a belt for Hubby, because I thought he'd packed his new jeans smiley - blush

Hubby collected Vicki Virago and took her to the station for her interview in Chester, an hour later we were to meet her on the Chester/Liverpool train at Hooton.. and we were on our way! smiley - biggrin

On the London train, VV entertained us as she sat chatting with a likkul ol' lady... NO! Not Me! smiley - cross

Once in London, we checked into our hotel, freshened up and changed, then went for a meal until it was time to meet up at the George. Boy was that place busy! smiley - headhurts Aaanywa'ay! We found 'Mazing Mad Fiddler at the end of the queue for the bar, and was directed to where Dragon Queen and Titania sat.. We were soon joined by Alex Ashman, Icy North and darling B'Elana.. Many smiley - hugs and smiley - smooches ensued! Then came Galaxy Babe! What a whirlwind of energy! smiley - wow MMF put up pictures of our absent friends and we duly toasted a drink to them smiley - bubbly *hic*!

Saturday...

OOkay! I did not have a smiley - hangover.. I was just rather tired smiley - tongueout

Hubby and VV went for a walk while I slept a little more. At 11am I was woken with a text message: 'Are you awake? I am outside the Anchor, Bel' smiley - yikes She was supposed to text me when she woke up! smiley - rolleyes

I replied that it would take me a little while to get ready.. and that I would contact Hubby to keep her company.. Only to be told:

a) Hubby and VV where miles away, across London.. smiley - rolleyes

b) Bel had an admirer! smiley - bigeyes

Oh, 'eck! That girl really shouldn't be allowed out alone! Well, I got ready in record time, I can tell you! smiley - divasmiley - run (sorry Hoggy, I had to borrow your likkul legs). Hubby and VV arrived back just as I was leaving.. so they freshened up and got changed, as I went to meet Bel smiley - hug

smiley - erm She wasn't where I expected her to be.. smiley - dontpanic I is the Wise One smiley - witch.. I texted: 'Where are you?'.. 'In Nandos, opposite' came the reply. Phew!! smiley - puff

OOokay!.. We caught a cab to the British Museum and then found a local cafe in which to have some lunch smiley - porkpiesmiley - hotdogsmiley - coffee etc.. Then onto the 'Afternoon Meet'! smiley - cool

I met Wilma!!! smiley - magicsmiley - cuddlesmiley - kiss What a lovely lady! smiley - biggrin I've been wanting to meet her for years! Galaxy Babe was still full of energy! smiley - boing How she does it, I don't know! Then Hubby found h5ringer, Bald Bloke arrived, as did Zirquon singing fish and Little Fish (what a lovely little gentleman he is!)and Dragon Queen. Finally MMF arrived, after suddenly finding himself lost in London.. and he was our Guide! smiley - yikes

Well, we all went off to have a gander about the place.. bearing in mind that Gnomon was yet to arrive. Oh! I saw the Elgin Marbles! They were magnificent. Much better than I thought they would be. At some point between The Parthenon and The Macedonian exhibits, we lost Dragon Queen.. and found.. Gnomon! What laughing eyes he has! smiley - magic We wondered into the Enlightenment Room.. We'ell.. It seems Wilma and GB were told off for laughing too much! smiley - erm.. Nobody told Auntie Giggles! smiley - laugh.. It was an interesting experience.. and what exhibits we found! smiley - bigeyes

Our afternoon was drawing to a close.. Wilma had to leave to pick up her children smiley - smoochsmiley - cuddlesmiley - wah.. We found Dragon Queen, who had purchased a statue and was having it shipped over for her! Shortly after Zirquon SF and her darling Little Fish had to leave for him to see his Dr Who smiley - tardis. From there the rest of us made our way to the Shakespeare's Head for the Evening Meet..

Roymondo (the little darling smiley - smooch) and 2legs were already ensconced at table 42.. The three of us from <./>ThePost</.>, Titania, Bel and myself had our photo taken, at the request of Skankyrich smiley - biggrin and the conversations flowed.. Then we noticed a new face.. Roymondo greeted him, we all wanted to know who he was.. 'Big Nat' said Roymondo to my question.. 'Eh?' said I.. So calling this person over, (you have to remember it was rather noisy at this time)..

'I'm Big Nat' he said..

'Oh, okay'.. Still never heard of him.. smiley - erm

He continued to chatting and finally said to something B'Elana had asked, 'I was told by my ACE I had to come'

'Who is your ACE?'

'lil'..

smiley - huh Well, knock me down with a feather.. I've never ACE'd anyone call 'Big Nat'!

'No! I'm ThatPratt!'

'Ooops!' smiley - blush *giggles*.. Now, I did ACE Him! smiley - biggrin

So for entertainment value, ThatPratt received a Hootoo t-shirt and the obligatory badge! smiley - applause

Now, more were turning up.. Br Evadne Cake, looking very glamourous too smiley - ok, GreyDesk, Alex Ashman, ReddyFreddy and his lady friend smiley - biggrin

After that, everything becomes a bit of a blur smiley - divasmiley - bubbly *hic* .. so if I've missed anyone out, please forgive me smiley - grovel

The evening began to wind down as the resident baglady departed.. Lord knows how GB managed to carry them all! smiley - tongueincheek

I can only express my gratitude to all of you, for making this such a full and happy weekend.. Thank you!

lil xx

Post 2

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Lil, you are welcome... but I would smiley - love to know how you, involved with the Towers... i.e. B'El, Gnomon, and GB can condense 48 or 72 hours into such a small package?

I wrote more (even without smileys smiley - laugh) on the pre-meet and afternoon meet, than you did on the whole weekend! smiley - huh

*smiley - footprints Sidles off in a huff!*

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 3

*giggles*

We let you write them all! smiley - rofl

smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Post 4

You... You... smiley - witch Sister! smiley - devil

'But I like you!!!'

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 5

*giggles*

I like you too smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Post 6

I am pleased about tha, lil, as I smiley - love you!...

Although whether VV will recover from meeting me again is debateable... Especially as I have photos of her new 'Svelte' figure!!! smiley - rofl

How I hope she makes the Hull Meet!!! smiley - rofl

smiley - winkeye

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 7

She fully intends to try an make that Meet too... smiley - ok

Post 8

smiley - love That would make it really wonderful... You have a wonderful daughter... smiley - ok

No! Wait!!! You have two wonderful daughters... smiley - laugh

Shame I am so smiley - senior and have dedicated my smiley - love to another! smiley - rofl

But I believe so has she? smiley - evilgrin

smiley - devil

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 9

Yes, I must admit, I do have two wonderful daughters.. Thank you for saying so smiley - smileysmiley - cuddle

Post 10

I just have concerns that they could become involved with assignations with Matt and Rob! smiley - huh

No!!! smiley - yikes

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 11

Oh, Rob is too busy with his modelling and film career now..

As for the Matt?

The girls are too busy to give the pile the attention required to keep it fluffed up smiley - lurk

Post 12

Good. I would hate for them to be distracted...

Although smiley - grovel Please advise VV she is better looking smiley - diva without the hair dye!!!

smiley - smooch

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 13

*giggles*

I think she just wanted to have a change for a while smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Post 14

Bless her.

Give her my smiley - love and I will forward some of the smiley - lighthouse photos to you, so you can pass them on, and she is welcome to contact me for copies!

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 15

She was asking about the photo's earlier tonight smiley - ok

I am looking forward to seeing them too! smiley - diva

Anyway, time for bed hunny.. See you in a few hours, love.. Please take care smiley - smoochsmiley - hug

Post 16

smiley - laugh She may get her wish! smiley - evilgrin

smiley - zzz well!

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 17

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

smiley - run [insert screeching to a halt sound effect here]
Did someone mention photos of VV?

smiley - cheers

Post 18

You do not want to see them! smiley - evilgrin Honest! smiley - devil I've seen them! smiley - witch

They are not for Public Consumption although, I understand, the Black Museum has requested copies!!! smiley - rofl

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 19

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Me wants!!!!!!!!!!!

smiley - cheers

Post 20

i'm smiley - sorry < wah> Unless I get permission from the photographees, I cannot them.

I am not being rude, but it is not my image!

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more