This is the Message Centre for hellboundforjoy

NaJoPoMo 2011 Day 14 Some Little Rants

Post 1

hellboundforjoy

I'm sorry that with the Cactus Club sale and everything happening this weekend I've gotten behind on reading other people's journal entries. I had been doing pretty good at keeping up.

I just got off the phone with a survey taker. I have no idea what the survey was for. It was political and it went on forever. The survey taker was barely literate and kept mispronouncing "deficit" as well as other words. She was very difficult to hear or understand. I *think* it was a push poll to try to get me to say California's taxes are too high and there is too much wasteful spending. The survey taker wasn't really bright enough to be aware of the push though. And it went on and on asking the same questions re-worded over and over. What a poorly written poll. I could have done it better and I am mostly clueless. It irritated me greatly. smiley - grr

I guess I'm a little irritable right now. The Cactus Club sale was fun but sales were down substantially from last time. We just finished counting up the money from it and I don't know if we made our expenses this time. And the people counting with me were getting on my nerves. Such attitudes. It can be fun, but I get sick of it sometimes. There is a surprising amount of politics involved in Cactus Club. It's disheartening that some of these issues just won't go away with certain people. I know I'm being vague, but it would bore you to tears if I went into it all.

I'd like to settle myself down for a little nap before I go to knitting tonight, but I may be to riled up and also may have had a little too much smiley - coffee. Maybe I should walk the dog instead. Yeah, that's it. With a little Pandora to distract me. I think we'll do that.

Post 2

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Walking the dog is good therapy- as is knitting. smiley - hug

Post 3

Ivan the Terribly Average

Politics gets into any sort of committee. It's horrid, but it happens.

Is there any chance you could slip a small cactus or two into the beds of the most annoying people?

Post 4

hellboundforjoy

The most annoying people are actually gone, but the politics surrounding them lives on. I would like to slip cactus into the beds of people who keep stoking fires. That would be good. Some cacti have tiny little pointies that you can never get out of things. Bwahahaha!

Post 5

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

smiley - book

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for hellboundforjoy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more